Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A different way of Living....


An elderly gentleman narrated a story....

A man was constantly thinking while giving, “If I give so much, how much really I get back?”  Another was constantly thinking while giving, “If I give only this much, how much the person is really benefitted?” Thus both lived their lives. Soon both had become old with lessened capabilities....

The kith and kin of the first man were constantly getting annoyed, “Oh! How much we are losing with this burden?” The kith and kin of the second were constantly planning, “How best we can take care of him at this point of time?”

A listener questioned the elderly gentleman thus, “Sir! How are you so sure that the kith and kin do that way only? It appears to me that it could be at best an assumption and a hope because nothing is known in concrete!”

The elderly smiled and said, “Yes, my dear! You have put the right question. As you said, no one knows what happens really. But through a giving attitude, two sure things do happen, no doubt in that....

Number one is that I would be having enough mental strength to take whatever comes to me with a smile and that way I see the care provided by the kith and kin as a better care only.

Number two is that along with the discipline of giving attitude, I would
 be doing my work to the core. So I will not have any time to feel and judge the treatment given to me. Everything would be seen only as a gift of God. At Worship, what is offered by the Priest to partake is simply taken with full devotion. There, we do not discuss the quality and quantity aspects of the Offer! That way all care would be seen as the best!”

No comments:

Post a Comment