Saturday, February 9, 2013

The 'Effect' and the 'Cause'….


The telephone rang up for a while….

“Hello, Sir! How are you? Yeah! Going on….. No problem…. It is good you rang up now…. I was totally out of mood today….At least a talk with you makes me better.... You know.... That issue…. Yes, yes… That one is really bothering me these days…. 

See, I collected all the documents required and submitted…. But still they say, some more are required…. I don’t see any end to this…. I tell you, if they really want to look into my issue seriously, it can be done in no time…. In fact, mine is a straight forward issue…. One day, there was a promise that it would surely be done by the next day…. I went there with lot of hope at the promised hour…. But the person was absent…. Another day, the same hope was there and the man was there too.…But he referred me to some other person who was not in station on that day…. OK, I waited.…That man came back and wanted some time to answer me…. And you know, it is a week since he told me that…. And there is absolutely no call from him! I don’t know why this happens.... These days, 'True Values' are not respected at all and that type of 'Work Culture' alone had entered everywhere….. How nice it would be if every one minds own work and tries to care a little for  the man at the receiving end! It is a sad part of our life.... OK!  Sir!  Bye.... We will talk later....”

There was some silence for a while…. Again the phone rang up….

“Hello…. Yes! Please…………Speaking……You are?...... OK, what is the matter? Yes…I told you clearly yesterday that your job needs one week time.… And why do you ring up now?….OK! Our Rules may say in two working days…. But that is only on paper…. Actually there will be so many issues not seen by the Rule Maker…. Then it takes time…. You see, we too are humans and there is a limit for us… I am already struggling with many problems here and you are adding your problem…. And don’t waste my time now…. I tell you clearly…. I have to check many things before okaying the issue…. It may take more time and I say, I need not stick to what I promise…. Please wait…. And don’t ring up and disturb me in these busy hours…. Please keep the phone down and wait till you hear from me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment