Saturday, October 26, 2013

Better,say 'NO' in the first Instance itself!


On a Pleasant day…..

“Hi Mahesh! I need a helping hand in this work…. Can you just look into this for a short time and give be a feed back?”

“Sir! I already have the task of ……….. Assigned to me as my responsibility and my performance this year is going to be evaluated through the success of this work…. I need to concentrate on this…. No doubt I can be supportive for a short time for your problem but this moment, I absolutely find no time here…. I am sorry to say that!”

“But I am your Boss and it is your duty to take Orders from me and do the job given…. Are you listening?”

“I agree that I should take Orders from you as Boss but the Ethics at work say…."Reasonable Orders!”  I hope I could convey the meaning here…. Earlier, you yourself have Ordered me to do the work on hand and I am into it…. I think, I should complete this task successfully and that is possible only if I am not distracted here …. In fact, I am sitting on overtime to complete this work foregoing some of my personal needs and re allocating part of home responsibilities to other members of my family…. I am sorry, there is no way now…. I am back to my work, Sir!”

The next day….

“Hi! Suresh! I need a helping hand in this work….. Can you just look into this for a short time and give be a feed back?”

“Sir! I’ll do…. Tell me what to do…. I have to do that in parallel with the other main task you have given me earlier….”

“Thanks! See, first you have to spend an hr in understanding this small job and ………”

“Ok! Sir…. I’ll give my feed back by afternoon!”

“Good! You are a nice fellow!”


After one more day....

“Mr Suresh! One more help is required……”


“Sir! My main job is pending…. Already half day had gone…..”

“No worry! Dear! Just do this and tell me …….”

“Sir! OK! I'll come back to you by tomorrow morning with the feed back!”

A few days later….

“Yaar! I've for you this work…. Just help me out…..”

“Sir! My main job…… OK! Let me see…..”

After some time…..

“Hi! Suresh! A moment of your time…..”

“Sir! I am sorry….. I am on my job…..”

"Dear! How can you go away from me without taking my Order?"

“Sir! But I have to do my job…. Else you only will question me on that too!”

“Yes! I do ….I am the Boss! I question you there and I question you here too…. You have to take my Orders and do both the jobs…. Do not argue on this!”

“____”

Two months later….

“Mr Suresh!  How many times I told you to wait for me and be ready to give support  in the Morning Hrs? Where were you today morning? Further, your main work too has progressed very little so far…..”

“Sir! This distraction alone made me go slow on that…. You only….....”

“Hi! What are you talking, I say? Giving back to Boss? This moment, I will issue a Memo for in-subordination…. Further, I find you not co-operative at work…. If you could not complete the main task given to you in time, it is your problem…. Don’t say that time was not there….You had 24 hrs daily in front…. You could have done all this more efficiently through proper planning…. Sorry! This year’s Promotion……” 


Subsequently, heard his voice else where....

“Hi! Mahesh! Good News! You saved for the Company….. Lakhs worth of....... through your dedicated work…. I am very happy.... I already recommended you for Promotion this year…….Good job done!”

No comments:

Post a Comment