Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Day's Travel on the Road....


The day was cool and pleasant in the morning hours.. I decided that it was time that I go out and finish a few important works in the city.. Accordingly, I took out my vehicle and started driving towards city.. Soon I was in heavy Office going traffic....

At a signal, I am supposed to take a right turn.. But I saw in front of me a board, 'No Right Turn' and as I got a doubt to turn right, I saw below 'For City Buses' in slightly small letters.. I got relieved, turned right and as I moved on, became thoughtful.... Means there is no fixed route for City Buses..

As I moved on, at a small junction I saw two riders of 2 wheelers following the rules; for left turn showing left hand out and for going ahead showing the hand forward.. The best way of making their intentions known around..

At a particular point, I noticed a driver sincerely showing hand out for right turn into a lane but the adjacent vehicle driver shouted at him saying, 'Don’t extend full hand out.... We can see if you just wave a little.... There is no space around....’

Suddenly, a speeding vehicle overtook me.... I was feeling worried about the over speeding, but Oh! in front of me a little distance away, the vehicle stopped altogether.... A ditch on the road saved in time; no more over speeding....

As I drove ahead, I saw the ditch and my thoughts continued.... A ditch is a convex type of speed breaker naturally formed on many roads....

I parked my vehicle at a parking lot and as I was walking to cross the road, to my surprise I saw a signal of green and red pedestrian figures simultaneously glowing for my crossing.... May be saying 'See and go.... Much safer!'

As I moved on to my destination, I saw a man on 2 Wheeler with a family of two as pillion being charged fine for traveling three.... He paid off the fine but confidently continued as three on the vehicle.... May be with a clarity that he had paid fine for the day....

I entered a small road, once again I saw a long ditch fully cut across the road.... As I stopped there and was wondering how vehicles could move on this road, I heard the honking behind me as a small car driver requested me give way to go ahead partly on foot path to cross the ditch!



I finished my jobs and walked back to the parking.... Further, as I started driving back home, at a signal I got 'Green' to move straight ahead and as I and others started moving, a speeding car from opposite took the right turn and moved on putting me and others in confusion for a while.... The driver in the car of crossed confidently and waved at us conveying his 'Thanks!'  

As I approached home, near my house I noticed that a mistake done by an inexperienced driver provided ample time for others struggling to cross the road, make right and U turns to complete their tasks with thanks in their hearts to the erred driver....  And there was chaos and confusion in front of me for a while before I could safely conclude my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment