Monday, November 11, 2013

Let my 'CV' be the Best around....


“Sir, what is Curriculum Vitae (CV)?”

“Dear! Generally, I would start working after Schooling / Graduation / Specialization in line of my interest as well as where I have a support of getting a comfortable job.... Most probably, what I study at Graduation level would be specific to this requirement…. Thus, as I take up my job and start working in such an environment with all ambition at back, three Entities continuously accrue to me....


A compensation in terms of cash and / or kind for the work I do,
A continuous gain in the skills I basically use in my work and
An eligibility from my side to compete for higher responsibility….

Basically, these three together go into a brief 'Write Up' which I start keeping as Record called Curriculum Vitae (CV)....

Subsequent to this with the background of these three entities, as I stand in the Employment Arena, most of the Employers who feel that I would be useful to them will evaluate me from a distance through an enquiry / reference and a few may ascertain in their minds that I am the required person.... This happens when I myself approach them at lower levels or they themselves look  at me at higher levels.… Both are same except that they differ in the mode of approach.…

Here, I would be presenting to the prospective Employer my best through this 'Write Up' or CV alone and naturally the best written one creates an interest in the Employer.... Based on this,

The Employer may select me and give me what all I expect,
he / she may select me but give me a limited of what I expect or
he / she may not select me….

And any of the above happenings directly / indirectly gets added to my work experience invariably and gets recorded in my CV.... These in turn reflect my proficiency as well as my demand in the market, both of which even if I want to hide I cannot do…. And sincerely coming to terms with 'What is What' is the best 'Go' in this situation....

Thus my work life goes on and the pages of my Work Experience get filled in as time moves and The CV gets updated continuously....

Towards my retirement and many times beyond that, this CV of mine would become a 'Sizable Book' but interestingly when condensed it simply ceases to exist and in its a place invariably prevails a firm request from the Prospective Employers in the field with a Welcome Message…. “Sir! We have already chosen you for our Project and you are the man required for us.... Can you help us out in our coming up ambitious Venture to make it a success and the best spoken around?  Your Compensation Package includes............. We eagerly await for a positive reply from you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment