Thursday, February 6, 2014

The 'Living Examples'....


Long ago as it was the practice, a Saint was in deep meditation in a certain area of a forest sitting under a tree.... As he continued meditation, he experienced a feeling of total Serenity and Tranquillity with Him.... And at that moment, an iota of pride too entered him without his knowledge…. He thought that he attained Realization, got up from meditation and decided go into the world and preach Truth as that was his duty there afterwards….

That way, in his usual saffron robes the Saint travelled to the neighbourhood town to settle there and continue meditation and preaching for the rest of his life and help the world at large....

As he approached the town, it was mid day noon, he felt hungry and stood in front of a house and requested for food as that was the practice...

For some time, there was no response from the house but suddenly the door opened, a lady with full meal in her hand hurriedly came out, bowed to the Saint and said, “Reverend Sir, excuse me for the delay.... Please take the food and bless me!” As the Saint felt a little uneasy for the delay and was about to leave with the food given, she smiled and said, “Honourable Sir, I was ready with your food the moment you called.... But at that moment, my family was awaiting my service.... I served them, then immediately brought the food for you and I begged your pardon.... This way I have done no mistake to make you feel uneasy!” The Saint wondered at her remark and requested her how she maintained her calm and could sense his uneasiness.... She replied, “As we do our sacred duty attached with our living with a one hundred percent devotion, this peace ever stays with us....”  The Sage instantly felt that he should learn more from her.... At his request, the lady said, “There is a gentleman in this town who can teach you much more and you can visit him.... Your doubts remaining will vanish in no time!” With this she guided him to the particular Place....

The Saint started moving to the given address and as he began locating the Place, he was taken to a narrow lane and finally he was right in front of a Butcher’s Shop.... Having seen the Saint, the Butcher immediately bowed to him, got confirmed that the lady had sent him and requested him to seat.... Subsequently, he closed the Shop and took him to his house....

There, he introduced his old parents to the Saint and said, “Sir, for me my parents are my living Gods.... I sincerely serve them and take care of them apart from doing my work.... My father has given me my Profession and for living sake I am continuing that as I cannot earn through any other means.... The Calmness and Peace in me today, are purely out of this simple living and doing my duty the right way in this world and I do not know any thing about our Scriptures and Sacred books about which many will be talking often!”

The Saint at that stage truly understood the meaning of True Tranquillity beyond what he had seen....  Doubtless, he returned to forest further to meditate and attain the Highest….

The important message here is the moment praise and achievement are attributed to my humble actions, pride in me surfaces instantly and rules thereafter without myself knowing a bit of it…. And here, even the Saintly Personality who was evolved to a High Level in the line of Spirituality too was no exception.... Once I start doing my own duties to the core without partiality, the same pride drops off and humility prevails again.... Thus alone my life goes on this earth with minimum conflict and rest all other involvements only raise this confusion.... 


(A Story of Ancient Times retold in Today's Context)

No comments:

Post a Comment