Thursday, May 22, 2014

Perils of excess Enjoyments....


Two friends visited a distant Town on their Office Duty for a week....

On the first day after their work, one decided to go out to the nearby busy Market Area to spend his evening and the other preferred to stay back....

The first one returned late in the night very happily and declared, "It's number one Place to enjoy one's life! You missed the best part of your evening!" The other just smiled and kept quiet.....

"I am very much refreshed after today's Visit.... I feel for your absence there!" was the second day's comment from the same friend in the night with an expanded feeling.... The other was again silent....

"It was too good a day.... I really pity you!" were the words from him on third day night.... As usual his friend was calm....

On the fourth day.... "I am happy.... How was your evening?" were the enquiries from him when he returned and in return there was a smile from his friend....

The fifth day night was silent all the while after the return.... None spoke to each other....

The sixth day was the last day of their stay in the Town....

As usual, the first one who went out in the evening quickly came back with bruises all over his body and cried aloud in pain, "Damn this Town! This Place is too bad!"

To a query, he replied that there was a scuffle in the area that evening and as he was close to the same, he too got some beating in the process....

To a question from him on how his friend spent all the evenings, the second one replied with a smile, “All these days, I never forgot our main purpose of visit to this place and so in the evenings when you went out, I was simply spending my time with whatever was around here closer to me and thus relaxed myself all along.... During that time, I just used to hear only a general bustle of the busy Market Area, but the details are never known to me.... That way as I never actively involved therein, there is no disturbance of peace in me till date.... If anything I could have learnt and become better by involving in your type of activity, I would have been the first one to make use of it.... But I knew very well that there would be nothing I could learn there and beyond that that involvement only would disturb my preparedness for the next day's active work!”

No comments:

Post a Comment