Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The 'Best Way' of taking care of our 'Finances'....


A man was a little more calculative and was always spending monies somewhat below his level …. A friend of him was a man of less care and was always spending his finances somewhere a little beyond his level....

Both thus were leading their lives with their families, each justifying his own way of doing….

The spendthrift used to say, “There is no tomorrow in life! Let us live today’s life better by spending our monies a bit more!”

The other used to contest, “It is the hard earned money.... How can we throw away even small amounts for these flimsy enjoyments which bring ultimately nothing in our lives?”

The spendthrift used to ascertain, “Nothing comes with us! What is the use of storing every pie? Let us save but equally let us live ourselves too today!”

The other used to correct there, “Life is long.... Why not we keep even small monies too for future as it is said often that in tough situations, even one Rupee too may look like a lakh?”

Thus, both the friends never used to agree with each other....

One day both of them happened to meet a wise elderly man who was equally their well-wisher in their lives.... And they expressed their own views in respect of the right way of living the life....

The elderly listened to both of them, smiled and said thus…., “My dear! In life the true understanding should always be like this…., ‘There is a reasonable tomorrow for me but I do take none with me when I leave this world.... Money is required for me for tomorrow but it is not mine.... Throwing away money with ease is a sin and hoarding every rupee is equally a pitfall!’….With this knowledge at the back, let us live for today with reasonable spending, plan for tomorrow with reasonable outlay and save reasonable monies for the day after! Let us be disciplined thus, all along our lives with a constant additional reminder at the back of our minds…., ‘I am only a Trustee for my finances as they never belong to me…. As a Trustee, I will do my job of using, protecting and improving the same through the best known methods….This alone is the Sacred Job given to me in this world….’ This whole discipline is the ultimate financial wisdom in our lives!”

No comments:

Post a Comment