Monday, May 5, 2014

Time brings in Its own 'Unbelievable Changes!'


“Hi! Rakesh! This is your ex Boss….. Suresh!…. How are you doing dear?”

“Oh! Yes! Sir! Very nice to talk to you…. How are you after your retirement?”

“Dear! I am fine…. The reason I rang up to you is….. Earlier, I applied for the Advisor’s Post in our Dept and today, I got a mail saying that I am offered that Post…. I want to work in our Dept only…. You are the Dept Head now and if you put in a word Officially, it will happen…….”

“What Sir! Its nothing… Its a pleasure to have you back….You are welcome Sir! I’ll do all that required and tell you from when to come….”

Soon, the date was given and the retired man was reappointed…..

“Sir! this your Room…. You can have this PC…… We look up for all the valuable advice and guidance from you in our day to day issues!”

3 months passed…..

“Rakesh! I have a request….”

“I am a little busy Sir! Suresh! …Can you tell me tomorrow?”

The next 3 months passed….

“Rakeshji! There is a problem…….”

“Mr Suresh! I told you that I am very busy in the mornings…. Can you meet me at 3 PM?”

Another 3 months passed….

“Sir! Rakesh! Congrats on your Promotion….”

“Thank you, Suresh!…. How is your work going on?

“Good, Sir!’

“Ok! Carry on…. We will talk later…. GM is waiting for me in the Conference Room!”

The last 3 months passed….

"Hi! Suresh!…. I am not happy with what happened yesterday……..”

“I am sorry Sir!”

“OK! Let me come to the point here…..”

In a week, the news was that the retired man resigned and got into a smaller job in a distant area…. All were with the elderly….

“Sir! What’s the reason for this surprising decision? The job was so comfortable here……….”

There was a broad smile on the elderly man’s face….

“Dear all! Back to my place of work after Retirement forever is a pain indirectly…. I am freed here…. My new Boss may be too young, lacks much experience and almost looks childish when he talks…. But I absolutely, don’t have any problem of working under this young man because my Boss Sir is totally new to me and I no doubt will be comfortable with him…. The scoldings hereafter in my job, will be only the true blessings for me in my life!”

No comments:

Post a Comment