Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I, absolutely don't have any time.......


The time was morning 6 AM.... The mobile phone rang up aloud.... The man took the phone.....

"Hi, Suresh! Yeah! I am starting in another 1 hr and I'll be there by 0745.... Take about 15 minutes extra in case there is any hold up from my side.... You should be ready at 0800 hrs to straight away get into our work.... Don't delay beyond that as I, absolutely don't have any time.......
"

The time was 0715 hrs....The phone rang up again....

"Yes! Vignesh.... I am finishing my work with Suresh by 9.... Take just 10 minutes extra there in case it spreads beyond....You should be ready to brief me at 0910 last.... Don't delay beyond.... 
I, absolutely don't have any time......."

The time was 1030 hrs....It was then an out going call....

"Hello! this is Ganesh speaking... How are you dear?  Listen Dinesh.... I will finish my Morning Meeting by 12 Noon...  A max of 10 minutes spill over for any queries in the end.... Let's have our lunch at 1215.... It's so many days gone we have met... Sorry to say to you, I've got another Appointment at 0130 hrs.... I can just bargain for 10 minutes concession there.... A very important Appointment.... To tell you openly,  these days 
I, absolutely don't have any time......."

The time was 3 PM..... The mobile phone rang....

"Hi Veeresh!   Today, we have to meet at 3.30 PM.... I've got to brief you quickly on tomorrow's Program.... Come to my Cabin at 0330 sharp.... I'll just wait 5 minutes more.... Don't come out with excuses for a delay more than this....
 I am too tight.... I, absolutely don't have any time......."

The time was 5 PM.... The telephone rang up again....

"Hello, Ritesh! Sorry, I am very busy with my work... Running on minute to minute.... Today is not possible.... If you are coming to me.... OK.... OK....  Now, don't waste my time on phone.... I am giving you the Appointment at 0530 PM today.... I'll allow just 5 minutes beyond.... If you are within that time, done.... Else don't look for me.... I have to move.... 
I, absolutely don't have any time......."

The time was 6 PM.... The man started leaving his Office.... He took the phone....

"Hello.... Hi! Ramesh! I am going home... Sorry I have another work....What?  Are you waiting since.........?  Yaar...I told you not to wait for me like this.... For you hours may not matter, for me minutes do matter.... OK! Listen tomorrow morning at 0800 AM exact, meet me... Your grace is just 5 minutes... If you are there at 0806, you won't find me
.... And don't test my patience.... I, absolutely don't have any time......."

The telephone rang again.... "No.... NO.... Not at all possible.... Am too tight.... Already full with Schedules for the entire Week.... Sorry, not possible... Let's see next week.... 
I, absolutely don't have any time......."

Immediate to that, it was the brief distant incoming call....

"Hello! Is it Ganesh? Dear! You have come here urgently by tomorrow morning.... Your.........is not keeping good health.... There is not much hope.... Your presence is required here.... Apply a Week's Leave from your work and try to be here at least by tomorrow morning latest.... Don't delay beyond.... The situation is too grim.... All other works can wait now......."

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.... There was no Internet for 4 days.... I could not reply!

      Delete
  2. very heartwarming!
    Time is all about priorities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.... Sorry for delay in replying....There was no Internet for 4 days!

      Delete
  3. Fortunately I had time to read this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete