Sunday, February 15, 2015

I move 'One Step' towards God, He sure moves 'Ten Steps' towards me!


Once, the Great Saint who almost renounced everything with Him and living truly the Ascetic life was travelling in a train in the Suburbs on His daily routine....

It was Noon nearing lunch time and every one around was hungry.... Opposite to the Saint sat a rich business man who forever believed living life through hard work, industry but never anything less of it.... No doubt truly, the right way of Living! But unfortunately all the time, he was equally proud of his achievements too and invariably related all that to his hard work and industry alone.... 
Naturally, such a man never liked Monks who forever only wander around doing nothing often saying that God alone would take care....

So, seeing a Monk in front of him totally unprepared, the rich man quickly made it a point to open up all the foods he carefully cooked, packed and carried with him for the journey and started eating the same in front of all.... Others around thought for a while that the rich man would offer his food to the Monk before himself eating but instead, the man straight away said, "I'm sorry! It's my firm belief in life that one should work and then only eat out of his labor... I'm helpless!"

The Saint did nothing but just remained calm and silent all along..The co-passengers never liked the talk of the rich man, but neither could speak much in front of the big man nor could offer their food to the Saint.... The train stopped at the next Station and as rightly stated by the rich man, the Monk had no money too to buy his food from the Platform!

Right at that time, suddenly a stranger appeared in front of the Saint on the Platform, bowed to Him, pulled out a big container of food he was carrying, quickly handed over it to the Monk and said, “Reverend Sir, Today, I am very happy to give you this food.... Of late, I am continuously suffering from a certain health problem in my life and the doctors attending to me could never get me total relief..... I was depressed with the pain and constantly was praying to my God for Solace.... Yesterday night, I had a strange dream and I was told in the dream, ‘Tomorrow morning, you prepare very good tasty food and feed the most deserving man of hunger, your pain will come down!’   I woke up from sleep and was about to brush off the dream from my mind but I don't know the next moment, my conscious alone stressed me doing what I was told as I found no solution for my suffering....

I instantly firmed on that, quickly cooked and packed the tastiest food with my own hands, neatly packed it and came out searching for the most deserving man to feed.... I could not find such a man in my area and suddenly got an idea....'Why not search in the train which arrives here at this point of time?'  Without a further thought, I came running here looking out for such a man.... I just saw you and instantly felt at my heart that I should give this food to you only.... Sir, please eat this from my side and Bless me for all good and happiness in my life!”

All around were in spell bound silence seeing the magical happening in front of them!


(Based on a Story heard in my younger days....)

6 comments:

  1. Such stories are told to enhance our faith in sadhus.
    I believe we do have dreams like this but enacting it is a rarity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Great Personalities of the Earth are forever Unique and Great.... And they invariably always carry a 'Special Message' to the world.... Thanks for such a good comment!

      Delete
  2. I like the story as it teaches us in a very simple way to share with others, especially the saints. Even in today's modern world, we cannot assume that all saints are fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much agree with you on this.... Thanks for a very good observation!

      Delete
  3. Very true... It has happened many times with me that some angel appear before me out of nowhere to help me. I truly believe that when going gets tough, tough get going. It is a wonderful story to remind this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ravish.... Your observation is truly noteworthy! Best Wishes....

      Delete