Wednesday, April 15, 2015

SOME MANIPULATIONS.... TOTALLY 'IN REVERSE' AFTER A WHILE!


In the beginning....

“Yeah! I love my job…. A lot to do here…. And the money in hand is quite awesome.... But love my Evenings and Weekends too…. Can't miss them at any cost.... Of late, am seeing the Boss looking out for me almost daily.... He exactly comes out with a problem when the time is 5 and invariably when the next day is a holiday.... Oh! This way seen, there's no end to my work here.... Just have to look up for few excuses; no go!”

After 5 yrs….

“I may be a Supervisor/ Dy. Manager here I agree, but that doesn't mean that I am off from my family for life.... Want to be very much with my people daily in the Evenings…. And this Boss now a days is eyeing me a lot…. He expects me to stay over daily for an hr at least after 5 whether work is there or not…. He repeats saying.... A Senior Officer should set an example for the Juniors…. He doesn't go home but stops those who are interested to go…. Really a funny man…. Just have to manage the situation; no go!”

After another 10 yrs….

“Am the Group Head here and my Work is almost the unending type…. Want to spend a few Evenings with my family on week days but am not at all getting time for it…. The Boss frowns, the moment I ask for a day to go early forget about taking leave…. Any way, that’s the life here and equally the job too can't be neglected.... After all, the same family will not be happy if my Career is put on hold.... Just have to put up for the present; no go!"

In the next 10 years….

“As a Team Lead, my responsibility is quite high in my Dept…. And it's equally important that I set an example for my Juniors and other Staff…. Here, if I stay over daily for some time in the evenings, my people sure stick to their seats beyond the Siren hrs…. Of course at home, the works are no less, only are of different nature as now a days the children manage many trivial things all by themselves…. Just have to put up for the present; no go!"

In further 10 yrs….


“I am the HOD here…. A very responsible and dignified Post for my experience….. Any how at home, life is streamlined a lot except for 2 coming up major responsibilities from my side other wise the members are busy with their own works.... More important.... I have a Code of discipline at my work and all my Team Leaders need to be strictly coming under the discipline of staying a few hrs extra daily…. I know, they don't like it, but.... Just have to manage the situation; no go!"

And during the last 2 yrs of Service….

“This is GM’s Post…. No doubt, my HODs are doing their best but I should forever keep them on their toes…. The only way here is.... I should have my Daily Review Meetings (DRMs) on the day's progress of activities…. If I've to do this, I need to extend my stay here till 8 PM daily…. No problem, the children are grown up, are living with their own responsibilities and many times, the extended family now a days have their special evenings without my presence…. That way seen, can definitely go home late almost daily.... Let me go ahead with full swing my plans of conducting Daily Review Meetings (DRMs) with my people…. Am sure they'll be unhappy.... Just have to look up for few excuses; no go!”

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, loved it Sreedhar sir!! Tough realities of life; and more so self-created by most of us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana, for leaving such a nice comment on these Pages!

      Delete
  2. Grim realities-Nicely penned. If only ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kokila.... Some Musings in this direction!

      Delete
  3. Reflection of life, well penned! Life is a full circle isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it right, Ajay! The Saying goes what a father advises his son may not work in total but is never wasted.... The son sure gives all that in total to his child in later years.... Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Habits once formed die hard. Nice post Sir. If you are on LinkedIn, would like to invite you to join Blogger India group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Somali.... Sure, I'll look into that!

      Delete