Saturday, July 25, 2015

MY CONFIDENCE, FOR EVER HAS ITS OWN LIMITATIONS!


A young man was very much straight forward.. He never used to believe in any so called beliefs unless they could well be substantiated and proved beyond..

"What's the point in stopping our active work and the other streamlined activities in the name of these beliefs and thus continuously hamper the seriousness and progress of work? It's almost a sin to do this amidst our active life!" was his constant assertion..

It so happened that when once he vouched on his health and spoke some thing and subsequent to that over a small health issue, when some one cautioned him there not to be too assertive thus, he instantly got annoyed on the remark and gave back saying that he would never do the way they suggested..

And when that whole thing happened again for a second time, there the young man remarked with all coolness, "Yes! Once we have a body means there would be certain ups and downs in respect of health.. No point in relating all this to what we asserted once upon a time!"

Life went on thus for a while but unfortunately, the next down on health front was truly a test of time for him.. He got shaken up a bit and felt helpless for a while.. Subsequently he was recovering and in that time one of his well-wishers who was a man of wisdom in life happened to visit him..

After the usual enquiries, the young man confided to the elderly, "Sir! I never believed all these days in these sayings around us but this time when my ill health was at its peak and suffering followed, I was a bit shaken up on my own rationalization.. Now I find that I'm no where comfortable! Please tell me, what is the best way of moving in life in such a scenario?"

The elderly looked at him, smiled and said, "Dear! That's where my confidence plays the eternal trick on me based on my own ideas and feelings of 'What I am' in my life.. This 'What I am' is such a funny thing in life and ranges almost from the mundane side of life at one end to the Spiritual side of life at the other end..

  • When a professional swimmer was with his friends, one of the friends remarked, 'We both are the closest friends and if all of us are in a situation of drowning, whom do you save first? Me or others?"  the swimmer with all coolness said, "Me of course first!"
  • A man may say 'My child is highly intelligent!' but ultimately, there is no truth in this statement because the world equally has dull people too!
  • When a philosophical elderly gentleman said that the normal ‘I' of one can never see the happenings in front as they are, the bewildered friend queried, "How can the normal ‘EYE’ not see the happenings in front of it?” 
  • When the ardent Aspirant knocked at the door of his Master, the Master asked, “Who is that?” “It is me!” the Aspirant said..Me means who?” the Master asked..“To Know that only, I am here!” the Aspirant replied!
  • The Great Saint was asked to describe 'I', he said 'A salt doll went into the deep Sea to find its depth, in the process itself got merged with the Sea Waters and ultimately there was the Single One Sea alone proving the Sacred Saying, Aham Brahma Asmi, the highest level of identifying the 'Me' within!'
See, dear! When the Great man firmly said that his mighty Opponent ultimately may torture him or kill him for which he was ready, he meant a 100% of that as he was equally a 100% ready for that.. 

And when the Great Saint said, 'I need not work.. I do not have any desires to satisfy.. For my body maintenance, some of you may feed me if not let this body end..', He exactly meant within what he spoke!

Such Truthful Assertions alone ultimately stand the Test of time but not the usual ones amidst us bereft of such Realities!

So in life, 'What I am' is surely unknown to me at this stage of life with my level of understanding and it needs tremendous energy, concentration and limitless sacrifices from my side before establishing the Truth there.. Till that time, is it not a safe practice to hold, pause and then only stress up on any issue with us rather than hastily concluding on something?"

9 comments:

  1. Nice one sir :)

    http://zigzacmania.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anjali for leaving an appreciative Comment on these Pages!

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant ones Sreedhar, they are perfect thoughts to set one thinking and reflecting on life. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinay for leaving such great words of appreciation here.. I feel I just did a humble job here!

      Delete
  3. Nice... perfect about life

    http://www.vidyanaukri.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you liked it, Manikanta! Please read my other Posts too at your convenience and leave your Comments..

      Delete
  4. A post full of wisdom sir. The answer to What Am I, may change from one stage to another. I remember a quote in this context ''Do not take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it very much right, Somali.. It's purely an individual Perception here and each one is right in their own way.. Thanks for such a great Observation!

      Delete
  5. usefull post thanks for posting such usefull postconfidence

    ReplyDelete