Sunday, July 19, 2015

SURELY, 'BELIEVE IN GOD' OR 'NOT?'


A young man was honest, straight forward, principled, hardworking and was equally a man of charity but never was a firm believer of God..

“Doing my job well and be useful to others in times of need itself is enough in life.. Where is it specially required to go round Worshiping Places, offer Prayers, recite Hymns etc always carrying a feeling within that I move because Some One moves me.. It's all in the mind.. If you want to be free here, you can be and if you don't want and you'll never be!” 


was his firm assertion at any time the same Topic was raised..

No doubt, the man was unique by himself and the best personality around as he was doing the ‘Right’ in life.. But, an elderly gentleman of deeper Ethics wanted to correct him gently and mold his thinking so that he would be much more useful to others as well as to himself in the right way.. Or so to say, more in the 'Right Way!' Accordingly, he got an appointment with the young man an evening and after a few enquiries just said,

“My dear! Hats off to your exemplary personality and good habits! You are an exception around.. And I can very much say that people like you definitely build the right Nation.. But I want to educate a little further in the same direction, if you permit..”

The young man smiled and said,

“OK, Sir! I know all that.. Anyhow please go ahead.. Today, I am a little free to listen to you..”

“Dear!” continued the elderly, “I know that you pay all taxes, duties, take the necessary permissions, apply for clearances and NOCs and follow all the guide lines set by the State and respect all such Rules and Regulations to the core.. Can I know the deeper reason for this apart from that the State imposes strict punishments if you don't do that?”

“Yes, sir! The State provides many things for my living, working and expressing myself here in the form of supply of essentials like power, water, developed land, infrastructure, facilities for carrying out trade etc.. It is ever my duty to acknowledge all this and return from my side through payment of proper taxes and other service charges etc etc as per prevailing Rules and Regulations in force.. If I don't do this, apart from being questioned by the State, how am I the right personality here?”

“Yes My dear! I am coming to that point alone and you are totally right here.. Now, listen to me a bit calmly..

Like what you said, Mother Nature too gives us many Life Supporting Systems around and within us for our happy living.. 
  • The Sun rises daily in the east, 
  • The Winds move in predicted direction bringing in 
  • Copious Rains in time quenching our thirst 
  • Rivers flow all along down
  • The Mighty Mountains bringing in timely waters to our plants of Green Earth and merge into 
  • The Deep Seas which are the ultimate stores of essentials of our life.. 
Further to all this, 
  • Various complicated and delicately balanced Systems are continuously working within our bodies in perfect synchronization making us feel all the time healthy, happy and energetic in our life! 
To say very much rightly here, we at any time have no absolute control over all these limitless Entities around and within us over except through living in tune to the Nature and maintaining the same through good habits…. Tell me now, why are you not thanking the Almighty or the Unseen Power behind all this Perfection too here for providing of all these in time along with doing your other duties in the right way as you are presently doing?"

“-------"

“Dear, let me ever remember here, that this day I am just 'Myself' because the Lord had Willed that way and was all Merciful to me! Else, can I talk, do all this so well, express myself in the best way and be happy? Now tell me, should you not acknowledge such a Great Gift of Almighty at least through a daily Prayer as part of your duty along with all other activities you are doing which I equally stress upon that should continue with more and more vigor as the Understanding of the same deepens?”

10 comments:

  1. Nice. Thanks for sharing.. :)
    Cheers!!

    UK
    http://www.fashionablefoods.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the appreciation!

      Delete
  2. lovely write-up sir... so meaningful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana.. The Truth ever speaks that, no doubt!

      Delete
  3. It is a very tough job to convince an atheist and instill faith....I have a few friends who are like that and its so difficult to make them understand....only the Lord can show them that not a leaf turns without HIs consent :) thought provoking post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta for making such an explanatory and meaningful comment.. You have very rightly understood the Message here! Thanks once again..

      Delete
  4. The way you have done the explaining ..simple and to the point ! I don't know if an atheist will be convinced or not but it surely givs a valid point to people like me and my bestie .... It has helped me to advocate prayers as gratitude ...beautiful post :) what an analogy !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kokila for appreciating my Presentation here.. I'm happy that you both liked it.. I was just trying to bring out the Truth in this context.. God Bless you and your family!

      Delete
  5. Totally agree with you Sir.We need to acknowledge each and everything to Him through a Daily prayers.
    Excellent thought. Hats off to you Sir.

    Love to quote this verse from bhaghavad Gita.
    "patram puspam phalam toyam
    yo me bhaktya prayacchati
    tad aham bhakty-upahrtam
    asnami prayatatmanah"

    If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit a water, I will accept it.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much right Explanation through the beautiful Sloka of Srimad Bhagavad Gita.. Your Comment is very much valuable on these Pages.. Thanks for the same!

      Delete