Thursday, September 3, 2015

BEATING ROUND THE BUSH!


SACRIFICE.. 
Where do I find the right meaning to it? That was the Eternal question with me for a while..

I instantly searched world famous dictionaries with me; the meaning of the word was not clear to me..
I went round the famous Libraries, read volumes of books on literature, the meaning was still evading me..
I participated in varied discussions with Eminent Personalities, none could clear my doubt in full..
I travelled widely from one end to the other end of the Globe, I could never catch hold of it..
I gave away certain of my resources freely in anticipation of buying that thing; the Entity was simply extinct there..
I explored Nature around in total solitude, the answer was never in my front..
I visited the famous Monasteries known to me, I got silence alone as the answer..
I questioned the wise and the experienced, I could not understand what they said..
And
I would not have been left even the man who invented the very word itself if I chanced to meet that Personality but I had my own doubts whether there too, I would get the right answer to my question!

I was thus vexed not able to get a satisfactory answer anywhere, reached home and before I could knock the door, my Mom opened the door and welcomed me with a big smile..
And
That very golden moment was laughing at me for my foolishness all these days saying..

'How could you forget and go round and round endlessly searching for the meaning of this single word 
'SACRIFICE', 
when the very 
LIVING EMBODIMENT OF THAT SACRIFICE
in the form of your 
MOTHER 
Is just in front of you all these years incessantly working for your uplift and betterment?'  

8 comments:

  1. I got goose pimples reading this post sir - you couldn't have expressed better than this... beautiful, simply beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Archana.. That's too much praise.. Just a few humble thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Awesome, and the kids tends to understand her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the appreciation of the Message!

      Delete
  3. Short of words to say how awesome the post is sir,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thanks Somali.. Happy to have the Comments on these Pages!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post! So true this is. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great of you, Purba.. Thanks for the nice Comment!

      Delete