Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WHAT AM I HERE WHEN THE 3 ELEMENTS VANISH?

It was 6 months less to 60. 
“Sir! My energies are intact to work....”
And soon he got Orders to continue till 62 with
The Power, Pride and own Price retained intact!

It was 3 months less to 62.
“Sir! I'm ready to work as Consultant…."
And soon he got Orders as 'Adviser' on Board till 65 with
The Pride and the consolidated Price retained in time at the back of the Power vanishing at one stroke!

It was 3 months less to 65.
“Sir! I heard that Our Company can retain a Consultant up to.... I am quite OK with....”
And there again he got extension for 2 yrs with 
The Pride retained at the back of the Price getting halved instantly!

It was the D-day reaching 67.
He was politely shown 'Way Out' with
The left out Pride and halved Price zeroing forever!

The same evening with no great energies to start anything new due to advanced age, he felt desperate and rang up for the first time to know what 3 of his friends were doing who retired at 60 but never heard of later.. One by one they said.. 

“.... After my Exit, I started 
Interacting with my larger family with kids in a more interesting way!" 
“.... After my Exit, I started 
Working for the Cause of helping out people in distress!" 
“.... After my Exit, I started 
Visiting places of Worship and Devotional Importance!" 

And all concluded with a unique statement..

"This truly leaves me today fully contented in my life having spent well the best part of my retirement life!”

10 comments:

  1. I like all your posts and somehow I believe the limit of 60 is good for some but not for most who are still fit as a fiddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree with what you say Roma and it's very much right that I should do my best in my Specialization to the extent possible barring the age.. But in parallel, the Higher Goals of life too should be remembered which if done along with our active work in time, would truly give an ultimate meaning to our life.. Thanks for such a good comment of discussion brought out in this context.. It truly makes me clarify further here!

      Delete
    2. Further here 60,62,65 and 67 mentioned are just the symbolic representation for the narration indicating the coming up changes in life!

      Delete
  2. An ever green post,loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyotirmoy.. An appreciative comment on the Post!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree there...the higher goals are generally shelved for the sake of professional goals usually lack of time cited as the most common reason. It is a timely reminder to those reading and well way away from their retirement that to have a life that is truly satisfying one should aim at holistic view and not just narrow it down to a periscopic view of distant professional and financial goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equally rightly brought out the point here, Bushra.. Yes.. That's how one should look at his/her life as Whole and never as Part.. Then only true Peace reigns in us.. I still remember the Saying of Swami Chinmayananda.."It's not what life I lead is important here but what would be my mind when the leaving time comes!" Thanks for leaving such an explanatory Comment on the Post.. And equally thanks for joining my Site!

      Delete
  4. You know sir I believe a person should work till he/ she fees the need to. However one should not miss out on the softer aspects of life and enjoyment to meet professional goals in the golden years of retired life! But ofcourse these are just my two cents! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it 100% right, Archana.. Both are important in our life and each has its own value at the appropriate time in our life.. 100% earning in the prime life is a must discipline with all of us with a tapered activities in that direction as the age crosses for that simultaneously picking up those activities that very suit as well as advised around for the rest of the life to bring a meaning to our own life.. Here I should ever remember in my mind that I'm retired because I'm no more useful to do my work efficiently at any level..say from working to managing because of coming down capacities with age.. I think one should never forget this Truth in the Employment field where one is paid only for the worth one delivers to the Employer.. Thanks for leaving such a wonderful explanatory comment here and further sharing on Google+!

      Delete
    2. 2 Corrections.. Delete 'a' in line 3 and add 'much' in line 4.. Sorry for the grammatical mistakes!

      Delete