Tuesday, March 17, 2015

CENTURIES MAY GO.... THIS ENVIRONMENT NEVER CHANGES!

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
The Environment is a typical huge Office Complex with many people busily going round and doing their unending works with no let up in sight towards closure unless one either forcibly does that coolly forgetting the consequences in store or the day itself closes invariably eating into one's precious evening time.... Here forever, heated discussions are the order of the day, complex decisions are the crux of those discussions and almost the impossible targets are the outcome of all that fuss…. Let's look at an early morning Scenario....

In the GM's Office....

"Good Morning, Sir!  Sir, have you called me?"

"Good Morning Ramesh! Yes!  I called you.... How are you doing?"
"Thank you Sir.... I'm fine.... Sir... A small request.... I need...."
"What dear?  You are coming to me asking for help?  You are the Chief here, I've given you all Powers to manage and you want me to help you? Strange!"

"Sir! I very much agree with you.... But......."
"Yaar!  Don't waste my time.... I've got to go now.... OK!  Listen....The reason why I called you here is.....  The Financial Year is coming to an end and our monies have really become tight.... And you know our Customer's temperament.... Rest, I need not specially tell you.... Are you getting my Message dear?  I don't want any delay in the deliveries already promised.... And keep all your people informed on this without any exception.....OK, then....See you!" 

In an hr's time, all the Managers were summoned by the Chief and as we pay a little attention to that typical talk ....


In the Chief's Chamber....

"Good Morning, Sir....."
“Hello! A very Good Morning to you all.... How are you doing? How's life? Any problems at your end?"
"Sir! I have an issue..... My Group has......."
"Sir! Mr Ganesh working with me is........"
"Sir! Last month, there was some shortage of......"
"OK...OK.... OK.... I got your points.... But before that, let me carry the Message of our GM to you....We are presently tight with our monies and this continues till March end.... And our Management never appreciates any late deliveries to the Customer.... Please see that all issues with you are streamlined immediately.... And keep your people attentive on this..... Got it?.... Right this moment, please get on to your jobs and keep up the tempo.... OK, see you then....  I've got to go now!"


And all the Managers back to their individual Cubicles were soon active in passing that single Message of their Boss in their own style to their Assistants....... A few talks in that context invariably go on....

In Cubicle No 1....


 "Sir! I need some clarification here........... Can we.......?"
“No, no, no…. No, I am telling you a big 'No'…. Not at all…. Listen to me…. No…. No…. Whatever it be, I don't agree to this…. OK.... Leave all that.... You just have to start the work and get me the results by....... ” 

In Cubicle No 2.... 

"Sir! I've a problem.... This month there was............."
“Yes! Yes! Yes.... Yes, I very much agree with you …. Yes…. You are right here…. But…. you see…. Yes…. That alone is the problem here.... Yes…. OK…. By today's evening, I want from you……” 

In Cubicle No 3....
 

"Sir! Yesterday, that boy working with me Mr.......... had done......."
“Alright…. OK…. I agree…. Fine…. Yeah.... Great.... Never expected.... OK…. I understand.... OK.... Nice.... But remember, today itself we have to finish this work.... No laxity here.... Got my message?” 

In Cubicle No 4.... 

"Sir! I want to you to resolve this one issue...................."
Nod… Nod….. Nod….. "OK, tell me further...."  Nod.... Nod.... Nod.... And finally a big double nod with instructions.... "You please see that by evening your work is completed and...."

In Cubicle No 5.... 

"Sir! The job pending with me has a peculiar problem..........."
“What are you telling? Where? When did it take place? Who? Which file he wants? Come on.... How can he ask like that? OK!  listen....You we have to finish all this by today itself and then only..........” 

In Cubicle No 6....
 

"Sir! I very much need your help in my today's........."
“Sorry.... Am too busy….. No time….. I don't know what's going on here..... Please no more clarifications on this.... Just start your work and I am telling you by evening, you should finish.........” 

In no time, all the Assistants with whatever they understood were back to their Spots briefing their Staff on the day's work....

And soon all the Staff were back to their respective works for the day which any how they have to do and they only have to do and even if they don't know they have to learn by trial and error and do the best in the situation as none above them in the hierarchy are either knowing that or eager to know and help them out and this drama thus goes on eternally with no respite at any point of time!

6 comments:

  1. A true story! An exact scenario of today's office culture....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet the procrastinators would find a way ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that's a different story.... Thank you for the nice Comment!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving such a nice Comment on these Pages!

      Delete