Three families with their children together were out on a tour of ten days to a Picturesque Spot.... All arrangements were made for a smooth, comfortable and safe visit to the place.... A well-wisher, known to the families too was requested to accompany them for assistance and advice on the way.... Great Places, Scenic Spots, High Mountains, Rough Seas and Huge Water falls were to be visited....
All along the parents were extra careful and were checking every detail in respect of their children.... They one way or the other were constantly disciplining their children through certain questioning so that order prevailed during the visit….
- “Is everything in order?”
- “Did you do what I told you yesterday?”
- “Have you taken care of that…......?”
- "Half an hr time is given to all of you.... You should finish one round the garden and come back by........ We have to go...."
- “I'm not seeing some of your items we brought from home.... Where did you keep them?”
- “If you don't follow a good discipline, it's going to be a problem!”
- “Have you read what is written in all these places?”
- "It's not easy to come to this place once again.... Try to see all without missing anything.... It helps you a lot...."
- “Are all of you ready to go for breakfast? You should finish eating and be ready in 30 minutes....”
- “The bus will not wait for you.... Be in time!”
- “No shouting! You have to keep silence!” ETC….
The well-wisher was silently observing all that disciplining for a while but at length decided to advise the parents a bit.... Accordingly on the sixth day morning, after their Breakfast when all were ready to move out, he intervened and said softly...."Dear all! With the permission of all of you, I just wish to speak out a bit of my mind..."
All around instantly said, "Uncle! Please do tell us.... We know you always tell the right.... No problem.... We are listening!"
The well-wisher continued, "Yeah! All these days of our visit to this Place, you have managed the activities of our children very well and the Program went on as per the Plan.... That's really a good part of your Planning and Monitoring.... But" he paused for a while and again continued.... "I'd like to ask you one thing here.... Why have you forgotten to ask your kids some more questions too especially during such visits like these?”
The members having been careful all along, looked at the elderly man not understanding what he was talking of….
The well-wisher smiled and said, "Dear! You should have asked your children these questions too in addition to what you were asking them for the past 5 days....
- Children! How are the mountains with a number of trees around and the beautiful river flowing down in between?
- How do like the blue sky, with thick clouds passing so fast occasionally sending out a few drizzles?
- How is the sound of this huge waterfall throwing waters all round?
- Do you like the river merging with sea at this Spot?
- Have you noticed how beautifully the waves are rolling down towards the shore? Do you like that sound?
- Do you want to spend some time here?
- Are you all happy?
- Do you like this type of visits?
- Shall we come here again or go to another similar place to see all this?
- When shall we plan our visit next time? ETC