Monday, June 29, 2015

Oh Mind!

Instead of truly helping me out in my life issues, at times you color the same and present it in a way that totally distracts my attention..

You plan so meticulously my Programs and make ME believe in their implementation to the root level, totally making ME forget the fact that life a few times can move in its own direction with neither prior intimation to nor prior permission..

You drive ME concentrate so well on every Rupee spent making ME thus assess it's worth in spending rather than advising ME remember that those Rupees finally would not come along with ME..

You evaluate so nicely the faults of others and the mistakes done by them centuries ago not making ME forget the finest details therein ever coolly making ME forget my own similar mistakes all along..

You work out for ME so well a Program to enjoy the best in the world by making ME probe the nook and corner of the Centers of Fun and Excitement making ME totally forget the fact that here moderation alone is the true safeguard..

You meticulously guide ME on safeguarding the welfare of my people through a fine division without allowing ME see the fact that those on the other side too can equally be helped in the process..

You firmly make ME believe in God but instantly force ME to be stingy when 'Giving' surfaces thereby totally making ME forget the fact that the Entire Spirit of Godliness lies in nothing but 'Giving' alone..

You often make ME hanker on take pride on my own self expression again making ME forget the very fact that others too have Great Ideas worth paying attention..

You assert ME try rule the surroundings indirectly through coercion when truly no such Powers are given to ME at anytime..

You many times cajole ME escape into the imaginary scenario of supporting my own opinions there by totally diverting ME from the very physical Scene of Reality in front..

And strangely I, instead of seeing you as indisciplined and dangerous there, firmly believe you as disciplined and valuable only thus deceiving myself again and again and remain there stagnant in the so called 'True Personality Development!'

10 comments:

  1. A nice ode to the Mind that drives us - who we are, what we want everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said.. Thanks for the good Comment!

      Delete
  2. Very well worded . yes its indeed the mind which makes us what we are .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it again.. Thank you for the nice Comment!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for reminding me that mind is such a powerful instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only we could tame our minds.. Sir, I have nominated you for a 3 day Quote challenge and would be immensely happy if you can share the quotes that have inspired you :) Here is my post with rules of the challenge Tolkien's quote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roohi.. I'm honored here.. I sure look into that and come back!

      Delete
  5. Wow..Very well written, Sir! I liked the way the word 'me' has been emphasized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you Swati.. Thanks a lot for the appreciation!

      Delete