Wednesday, November 9, 2022

ITEMS OF MY HOME I HAVE UPCYCLED???


"Yaar! My Villa is ready and I would shortly be moving into my new residence but there's a problem..

I've lot of stuff with me in my old rented house which became my own by hierarchy. These items which suited old homes in towns in our elders' time, do not go with the modern homes..

I should modernize my home and all these old stuff in my house have to go. Of late, many fashions have come in market. There's no point in saying, 'Old is Gold' and for ever live in the outdated world. That's why, I straight away decided..

'All items in my house will change!'
  • The old sofa has to go out.. The latest model.. I checked.. It's quite affordable.. It'll replace that..
  • The dining table is going to be replaced by the latest sleek one that has come up in the market..
  • These two photo frames look so shabby. I already selected two modern art pieces in their place. They'll decorate the walls..
  • The table lamp.. I'm afraid to use it. The better one with spread of colorful light will be bought..
  • The center table, the chairs and the old tape recorder.. All will be replaced..
Spending some monies on this change is truly worth. I don’t think I get much for this old stuff but whatever comes, that's the worth!”

Thus I was saying to my friend. 3 months later, the same friend was on phone..

“Dear! People say that the new Restaurant recently opened in outskirts is a classic one in our city with the best presentation of the surroundings. It seems from the day the owner opened it, his coffers are getting filled up very fast.. He had already made sizable profit on his investment..

It's not the food that is important many times; the environment where it is served.. Here, the owner had this interest and accordingly decorated the dining area and the waiting lounge..

I want to see this once.. Let's plan a visit there together. Any how, since you are interested in this line and is ready to constantly upgrade your home with class furniture items, you'll have some more ideas when we actually go there and see once. Can we make it next Saturday 7 PM and have our dinner there?”

I was thrilled..

"Yes, Yes! Let's go there. I'm very much interested in upgrading my home with the best interiors available in the market. I may get new ideas here. I can easily implement that in my house as the current furniture and other costly items with me definitely fetch an increased price today compared to my bought out cost as certain import restrictions have come up recently. I'm thrilled. Let's go!"

As per our plan both of us visited the place to have our dinner in the environment which had become the talk of the town..

As I entered the area and started closely observing the pieces of furniture and decorative pieces around, I vividly remembered some resemblances. Slowly it stuck me.. Not resemblances..

Many Items there were mischievously smiling at me at

THE GREAT MISTAKE I DID!

The unpleasant dream ended suddenly and I woke with a unknown feeling within me..

As I looked around, I found myself in my Villa with my old furniture intact and as I started recollecting my dream, I could relate that to the talk with my friend the day before on

HOW TO FURNISH MY VILLA WITH THE LATEST INTERIORS..

As I had a second look at

THE PRECIOUS ITEMS

In my home, slowly a smile came up on my face.. Yes..

OLD IS GOLD; NOTHING LESS!

That value of old many times is known only when they are replaced by the so called modern ones which however hi-fi they be, sure will be lacking the classic look and rugged structure, which items sure I can upcycle if determined. So the immediate decision of mine was..

'Old will rule for the present and new will wait till all those old items find their right place with right price!'

This post is a part of BlogchatterBlogHop

Keywords: UPCYCLED, ITEMS

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha.. :) when we have things / people with us we hardly appreciate it. We always needs other's appreciation as a benchmark for our appreciation. Antiques speaks legendary stories always! Nice one sir.. :)

    ReplyDelete