Sunday, August 20, 2017

AND THAT NEVER HAPPENS, UNLESS THE HEART TRULY POURS OUT!

In 70's, when I was doing my PG far away from native place, my mom asked me to get the marble Idols of Shrimathi Radha and Sri Krishna as that place was famous for selling of those idols. Accordingly I moved on one evening, saw a villager on the road selling those idols and enquired the price which I heard him saying sade sath..

I immediately asked him to pack the 2 idols carefully and the man sincerely and patiently done all that manual packing and handed over to me with a smile. I gave him a 10 Note and looking at that he was seen totally lost and I was told that I got pay Rs 750/-

The next moment I understood what he said earlier and what I was supposed to understand as that was how people of that area conveyed, instantly was afraid of scoldings from the man as I could do nothing in the situation since my monthly scholarship itself was Rs 250/-. But the kind seller to my great surprise in no time took back the idols politely saying to me,

"Koi bath nai.. aap jaayiye!"

Subsequently, as I moved to the new city on my job and the next day hired an auto rickshaw which on the way stopped at a signal for green, the driver in conversation with me knowing from where I came to his city asked..

"Aap ke city me single hai?"

thus bringing out the true innocence of the young man at work when actually what he meant was 'signal'..

At one point of time during my stay there, when I paid the man transporting certain goods to a place the charges agreed to initially, he returned part of it saying,

"Maine galat se suna dusari jagah ka nam.. idhar thak hum itenehi paise lete!"

thus stressing the importance of charging the right to the customer for his effort never looking out for extras there in..

After completion of my Assignment at the new city when I was transferred back to my city in the mid of the month and accordingly preparing to leave the place along with my family, the middle aged driver who used to transport my children to school daily returned part of the money I paid in the month beginning and as I causally said that he could retain that for the good service he rendered all along, the man smiled and said,

"Bachhe bhagavan ka roop hote hai.. Aise mein hum paise kabhi bhi jyada nai le sakte!"

thus truly bringing out the need of respecting the fundamental truth of life to the core totally satisfied with that bestowed upon him by the Almighty..

After settling down at my place, on a day when I was walking on the road, the young laborer digging on road to lay the main water pipeline smiled at me and said,

"Saab! Chai ke liye paise dedo!"

thus very much asserting his right to get tips from the users for the sacred service rendered by him provisioning the most essential commodity of life..

Subsequently when I sat in the auto rickshaw and the vehicle moved on, the driver silently doing his job confided to me that he stayed far off and daily would leave his place in the early morning hrs, go to the corners of city picking up all types of passengers saying 'No' to none, start returning around 7 PM and reach home by 10 PM thru' final words..

"Meri gadi chalti rahe to hi mein kush rahunga!"

thus very much confirming the need of dedicated working and resting not in the active period of a man's life..

Finally after my retirement from Service on a day at a cosmopolitan Mall in search of Restroom when I happened to notice a Luxury Restroom on chargeable basis and asked the young girl at the counter for directions to normal Restroom, she just confirmed the facility on Top floor but seeing me smiled and said,

"Achha.. Aaap ab yeh facility use kar sakte!"

thus showing off her grace of helping a Senior Citizen with due care!

These are the exact words I heard from my fellow brothern of my country on these occasions in my life and today wherever I may be on the Globe, whichever work I may be doing and whatever importance I may be given in my life, I constantly yearn to listen to such conversations more and more and feel truly blessed within that

I am born in a country where the values of life are forever upheld in a different direction when a person constantly may not gain and sometimes may lose too but never stops rising as human being in life.. Truly Saare Jahaan Se Accha!

Do you feel our India is "Saare Jahaan Se Accha" ? If no, how can we create a better India? If yes, what makes India great & special? Write about all that you really love.#SaareJahanSeAccha

Keywords: Heart, Idols, Auto Rickshaw, Signal, Bhagavan, Roop, Almighty, Mall, Restroom, Senior Citizen

21 comments:

  1. Observing human nature on one's errant is akin to meditation. I believe it should be called as a wakeful meditation. Nice observations sir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chakrapani for the supportive comment.. Love the same!

      Delete
  2. Great observations sir. There is a lot in subtlety that people use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the practical experiences of mine at various places modified just to suit the Blog Post, Archana.. You said it right.. And Thanks for such a good comment here!

      Delete
    2. I forgot.. Thanks for sharing the Post on G+!

      Delete
  3. There are good people everywhere. Probably it depends on our approach too. I too have experience some real nice gestures in cities alien to me. This is a post worth pondering on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rightly said Priyanka.. The Saying forever goes.. 'Believe the World but believe with care!' If I keep my mind open with a firm belief but with a basic care, this good everywhere can sure be seen.. Thanks for adding such an appropriate comment to the Post.

      Delete
  4. Loved the way you have penned down your observations, Sir :)
    A great read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purba.. All are more or less practical incidents in my life.. Just brought them under one Heading!

      Delete
  5. Our world is fascinating.No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said Madam.. There is a lot I can hear from the world, if I truly lend a ear towards that instead of worried with my own problems endlessly.. Thanks for such a nice comment on the Post!

      Delete
  6. Such an enjoyable read! Thank you for sharing Sreedharji.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovable post. In life we come across many folks who leave indelible impact on us through small gestures. You still remember the villager whom you met in 70s. It totally depends on the experience you encounter with people in your life. Some become memories bringing smile on our face whenever we recollect them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice of you to say so and rightly confirmed once again the message of the Post. A truly supportive comment on the Post.. Thanks for the same and equally thanks for joining my Site.. Best Wishes!

      Delete
  8. Good observations, sir. I think a bit of kindness goes a long way in ensuring happiness in the lives of others. We really have a lot to learn from senior citizens like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really nice to hear from you, Abhi.. Thanks for the appreciation.. I promise, I'll try to do my best in this line thru' my Blog!

      Delete
  9. Nice that you have shared all this.
    Hope we continue to uphold our values & culture.
    Amazing indeed. That's why our India is Incredible India!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Anita.. Truly the valuable comment on the Post.. It is said that 'Beauty is in eyes of the beholder!' Seen that way we have many, many plus with us which together truly make India..'Saare jahaan se achha!' and nothing less!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A heartwarming read Sir, made my morning.

    ReplyDelete