Friday, February 23, 2018

HERE FOREVER, I SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I'M ON FRYING PAN INSTEAD OF BEING IN FIRE!

Being part of the routine of my retired life, that day too after my morning walk as I settled for a while at a small restaurant for my favorite cup of morning tea, I could hear the conversation going on between the Manager and the Waiter..

"Is..... available? Our customer wants!"
"Not available!"
"OK! Is..... available?"
"No.. Not available!"


As the visitor appeared to finally settle with the next available item, the Manager was heard softly correcting the Waiter..

"Don't ever say bluntly in front of our customer

  • 'Not available!' 
Instead say
  • 'Sorry.. It's just got over!'
Okay?"

At the back of the vast experience with me, I smiled within myself as my further thoughts ran thus..

The Manager was 100% right in advising thus because,

  • One shows off a casual approach towards the customer and

  • The other depicts a caring attitude for the customer's demand coupled with helplessness as the item prepared was too delicious to be available on the racks for a longer time! 
As I started sipping my tea, slowly I was taken back to the memories of my past work life where in the boss/client interactions that took place were seen moving thru' my mind afresh..
  • "You spoke to our customer on phone? Yaar! In this Company the GM or CEO alone can do that. Right now go to him and say sorry for that. And here after, never do this mistake!"
  • "You want your GM's permission to come to my place? No problem.. Be prepared to be in my Office in the next 15 minutes!"
  • "What dear.. Time is not enough? The Customer wants the item by tomorrow.. Find 25 hrs in your day today and complete the job!"
  • "You came to the meeting to tell that your deliveries would be delayed? Right now talk to your GM and get me the right answer else your CEO will make you give that answer!" 
  • "I expect you to be the witness to the verbal accusations made at me by your other customer in the meeting. Please sign on these papers!"
  • "You were witness to that verbal fight and you yourself address that. I may be your Boss but I don't want to get involved in such sensitive issues!" 

And at the back of those never fading memories, I could equally recollect how the importance of customer had grown in my eyes starting from the initial concept that

  • The customer is an important person in our premises.. 
Thru' stages..
  • The customer is not just the important person but a VIP, indirectly a king, truly a king, more than a king, like the God in our premises.. 
Rising up to the ultimate..
  • The customer is none but the other God in our premises!
It was almost a dream like situation as I lost myself for while with those memories of intense interactive moments at my work life. I suddenly came back to my senses, quickly got up, paid off the bill and as I was moving out of the hotel, I heard the loud voice of a middle aged man next to me on his phone..
  • "What? Have you forgotten how tough is the competition in our field? Just leave all that day dreaming of doing a cool job and start showing your competitive skills by working smart. Next time, if it happens, I'm not going to keep quite.. Show me the progress you made when I come to office, okay?" 
The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt Dreams are unlimited.. Day dreams and night dreams.. Share any one of your day dream and a night dream in a humorous,creative and adorable way... #Dreamsunlimted

Keywords: Customer, competition

4 comments: