Friday, March 23, 2018


THE 'PROUD UNFADED SELFIE' OF MINE, I TRIED MY BEST 'TO CLICK' WITH 'LIMITLESS CRAZE!'

The Post is written in line with the IndiSpire Prompt Do you find an obsession & overdose of Selfies in Social Media these days? Why do you feel people love clicking & sharing Selfies? #SelfieCrazy

I am the individual of different age wherein the keen interest of today's youngsters to click their selfies coolly is off from me but the interest to project myself as something concrete at this stage had lead me to write this post bringing out what a selfie can mean to me indirectly..

With a total work experience of almost 40 yrs as I look back today, that introspection instantly brings out certain high-lights of holding my job with all dignity and safety throughout my career which go thus..

'The day I am officially out from my school/college with a provisional certificate in hand, I should be on the lookout for my job.

A prospective employer may not select me immediately but would be keen to know how I made use of my time from that day whenever he/she conducts an interview for my job subsequent to this.

Thus the only way in front of me is start searching a job and meanwhile

  • Apply for higher studies,
  • Train my skills by joining certain improvement programs or
  • Start doing a part time job in my related field with/without pay! 
Anything in that direction from my end would be appreciated by the future employer but never hearing the dreaded words like
  • ‘Nothing Done’, 
  • ‘Not attempted’ or
  • ‘Doing other things!'
Subsequently on appointment, as I take up my job and start working with all ambition, 3 entities continuously accrue to me..
  • A compensation in terms of cash and/or kind for the work I do,
  • A continuous gain in the skills I basically use in my work and
  • An eligibility from my side to compete for higher responsibilities thru' promotion!
Basically, these three together go into a brief 'Write Up' which I start keeping as a Record called Curriculum Vitae (CV)!

Subsequent to this, as I stand in the employment arena, most of the Employers who feel that I would be useful to them will evaluate me from a distance through an enquiry/reference and a few may ascertain in their minds that I am the required person.

Here, I would be presenting to the prospective employer my best through this 'Write Up' or CV alone and naturally the best written one creates an interest in the employer. Based on that the employer
  • May select me and give me what I expect,
  • May select me but give me a limited of what I expect or
  • May not select me!
And any of the above happenings directly/indirectly gets added to my work experience invariably and gets recorded in my CV. These in turn reflect my proficiency as well as my demand in the market, both of which even if I want to hide can never do that..

Thus goes on my work life and the pages of my work experience get filled in as time moves on and the CV gets updated continuously. During this period, I should grow continuously and again the dreaded words like
  • ‘Was not lucky’
  • 'Was never encouraged' or
  • 'Was the victim of partiality'
Etc., should never be allowed to come out of my mouth.. And that's possible only when I start getting
  • Good Performance Appraisals, 
  • Regular increments and 
  • Timely promotions with additional responsibilities attached
Throughout my employment period!

Thus moves on my vibrant employment and towards my retirement, this CV of mine becomes a 'Sizable Book' but interestingly when condensed it simply ceases to exist and in its a place invariably prevails a firm request from the prospective employer in the field with a welcome message..
  • “Sir! We've already chosen you for our project as the right personality required. Your compensation package includes............. Can we know when you are ready to join us?”'
The 'proud unfaded selfie of mine' today!

Keywords: selfie, craze, CV, employment

2 comments: