Thursday, August 16, 2018

IF I'M DETERMINED FOR A CAUSE, HELP SURE FOLLOWS!

The son had to do certain rites for his deceased mother and the priest accordingly gave details of the whole program in chronological order for a year.. In the end he said,
  • “Dear! Some of these rituals are mandatory but not all as per our Sacred Books. It is left to the individual to do or not to do the unimportant ones depending on one’s convenience, engagements and other activities. Please perform the necessary ones and the rest as per your wish.. 

Now a days because of their busy schedules, people are skipping the non essential ones!”

The son smiled and took all the details. Days moved on..

A few rites were done as per the program, the same priest had associated with that and blessed the son on those occasions. A day had neared where the function was an unimportant one..

That day started with heavy rain in the morning with high speed winds and dark clouds in the skies. Soon roads were flooded and there seemed no respite from the rain for the day. The temperatures dropped and radios announced that the rain was going to be heavy for the day. People stayed indoors watching the rain and moved out only for essentials..


The priest was taking rest at home and as the downpour started and continued, he thought..

"The gentleman would sure drop out his program for the day as it's not an important one and so there would be no need for me to go out.. More than the job and money,

My health is important at this stage of my life and it's better I do not venture out today at any cost!”

Having decided thus, he bolted the door and was taking rest in the warmth of his home.. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door..

It was a little surprise for the priest and when he opened the door, he found the gentleman at door step partly wet, feeling cold but smiling.. Before the priest spoke, the gentleman said,
  • "Sir! My consciousness told me that I should do this function today even though an unimportant one and accordingly I came here to pick you up in my vehicle as you may not be able to come to our house in this rain on your own.. I brought a good rain coat for you to remain totally dry all along the journey.. 

Can you help me out in my task and bless me?”

The priest instantly was inspired by the devotion of a true son. He patted him and said,
  • “My dear! Earlier, I decided not to venture out today at any cost as I am tired of this incessant rain and my delicate health is to be taken care. But now I see here, in front of me a devoted son who wants to do the rites to his mother whatever be the hardships in front of him. I strongly feel that I would really be committing a sin if I don't help out such a devoted man..
NO SECOND THOUGHTS.. I'M COMING!”

Keywords: devoted, cause, help

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. ...reading after a long time.... exceptional as always it had been ....
      Shraddha Singh
      Shine Shraddha Blog

      Delete
    2. Nice to hear from you after a long time, Shraddha.. Thanks for the appreciation.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. No Second Thoughts... Fully Agree 👍
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete