Sunday, September 8, 2019

TOURISM.. WHAT SHOULD IT BE LIKE ORIGINALLY?



In Sanskrit, a Saint is often called 'Parivrajaka' meaning one who constantly wanders around. The Great Saints feel that as their Dharma thus forcing themselves 

  • Live thru' a humble life of eating whatever is available on the spot and
  • Resting thru' whichever facilities are offered in the context..
The Great Saints know that that simple living would very much open up their minds more and more keeping off the thoughts of
  • Possession,
  • Self gratification and
  • Self protection beyond..
No doubt for an ordinary human being like me,
  • Taking the reasonable returns,
  • Enjoying within the limits and
  • Caring for self
Are a must in life but equally
  • The spirit of adventure,
  • Foregoing the certain and
  • Getting into the fields of the unknown
Too are to be constantly kept live in my life so that invariably I live a life of
  • Worth,
  • Contentment and
  • Elevating the Soul
And thus become a useful to
  • Myself,
  • The society around and
  • The humanity at large..
Thus frequent traveling far and wide with a totally relaxed mind leaving aside the usual chores of life for a while makes me sure the complete man and 


In that context tourism is to be encouraged as much possible around me!

But, sometimes my story of travel takes an ugly turn when that

  • Self interest in me goes beyond and
  • Grabbing the materialistic gains and pleasures takes over me
Invariably causing certain damage to the

Environment and Local Culture of the surroundings..

Those intentions often lurk behind the usual innocent looking poetic thinking and talking in me that often goes like,

  • "The scene is so beautiful with the distant majestic hills merging into the skies the silvery edges of which shining intermittently.. Let me bring out...
  • Those sharp reflected sun rays from above in no time are getting covered by the passing high speed clouds of the monsoon season.. Let me plan to present...
  • Those clouds bringing cool drizzles over the vast sloping landscape leading to the local community joining my observation and expression.. Let me capture the scenery in front and..."
Etc.. Etc..

Instead, let my those very thoughts be gently guided as much possible to the refined and elevated ones like as the 
hidden poet in me sings the song of any travel of tourist importance thus..


"With 
The distant majestic hills merging into the skies the silvery edges of which shining intermittently at the back of
The sharp reflected sun rays from above which scene in no time getting covered by the passing high speed clouds of the monsoon bringing cool drizzles over
The vast sloping landscape leading to the local community joining my observation and expression all along unmindful of the
Chill weather all round,
Sharp hunger within and
Priorities in front
Let myself lose to
MY ORIGINAL MOTHER 
AS SHE GENTLY ROCKS ME IN HER LAP!" 

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt Over-tourism has led to social and environmental problems. What do you think is a good solution... #Tourism

Keyword: TOURISM

No comments:

Post a Comment