Sunday, April 12, 2020

RULES /GUIDELINES / CULTURE / TRADITIONS..
WHAT ARE THEY IN OUR LIFE?



As the robber chased by security dropped his loot in the lap of a Saint on the way and fled off, the Great Man declared to the security,
"I did the theft!"

When the Great Saint’s mother asked to spend her last moments by resting on His lap, the Master allowed that and as she breathed her last proclaimed,
"I need do nothing further!"

The Great Saint proclaimed,
"I need not work.. Some of you may feed me.. If not, I go hungry and in process if the body goes, let it!"

The Great Saint said in a congregation of His Devotees..
“If Spirituality is like an object of certain material, shape and size, I would have been surely robbed of that by this time!” 

They are the few instances in the lives of Great Personalities of Earth where in they flouted 
Rules / Guidelines / Cultures / Traditions
and did exactly the opposite for reasons never known to me at this point of time..

But that doesn't mean that I too can do that as 
being a ordinary mortal with my own limitations  
The ever, ever safe way for me is listen to what thru' Verse 4, Chapter III of Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna says,

'na karmanam anarambhan naiskarmyam puruso snute
na ca sannyasanad eva siddhim samadhigacchati!'

'A person can never achieve freedom from reactions to activities without first performing the Vedic duties prescribed; neither perfection would be attained by renouncing them as well!'

And stick to the the oft taught Precept in life,
'Do your duty' 
Without a single exception..

Seen thus, 
Rules / Guidelines / Cultures / Traditions
Involved in my day to day life equally advocated by
The Great Seers and the Wise of the world
With no reason required to know as 'Nil' injury to the Creation alone is proposed all along
I need to follow as much possible

Equally refraining from some of the traditions interpreted by few powerful people for their selfish gains who could forcibly bring changes to them 
As certain injury to the Creation is invariably proposed therein..

In respect of others breaking the rules, I need to question / correct / advise them only 
When I'm officially designated so,
When it's my responsibility to correct and guide
When I am requested to help out by the individual himself / herself involved..

Beyond, I should keep in my mind too Sri Adi Sankara's Saying,

'Bhaja Govindam Baja Govindam
Govindam Bhajamuu Dhamathe
Samprapte sannihitekale
Nahi nahi rakshati Dukrijnkarane!'

'Worship Govinda Worship Govinda Worship Govinda.. When the leaving time nears, rules of grammar will not save you!'

As my Ultimate Aim in Life is to be in Total Communication with the Cosmos which no doubt is
 Infinite time away from me at this moment 
but 
Never ceases to exist deep within me!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt

Keywords:
Rules, Guidelines, Culture, Traditions

2 comments:

  1. Perfect Sir. In fact this week another person had quoted Sri Krishna who says he helps those who ask for help from him. The Mahabharata is replete with stories of rules broken and followed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Srinivas for the appreciative comment on the Post.. Well said!

      Delete