Sunday, July 19, 2020

SUCCESS..
WHAT'S IT LIKE, A FEW TIMES? 
#CauseAChatter


When the Entity was unknown to me, 
I was humble all along with the thought..
'Let me do good everywhere!' 

When I got a glimpse of IT, 
A discrete hope appeared in me with the thought..
'Let me see what's in store!' 

When IT knocked my door, 
I was taken over by an instant thought.. 
'Ah! It's happening!'

When IT firmed up next to me with no signs of leaving, 
I was thrilled beyond with the pleasant thought.. 
'A new life never experienced!'

When IT's related talk started spreading around me, 
I wondered myself with the thought..
'How I missed such a life till date!' 

When IT's related enquiries hovered over me,
I lost myself to the single thought..
'No further go back here!' 

When IT's related praises started going into my head, 
I was simply a man of pride with the thought..
'I'm everywhere!'

When IT's related assurances started tickling into me, 
I was a man of authority everywhere with the thought..
'None can challenge me now!'

When IT's those assurances started poisoning my mind, 
I was a man of no control with the thought,
'Let me rule with the whip!' 

When IT's intoxicating influence filled me to brim, 
I was totally a mad man with a single thought..
'I'm the Monarch everywhere!'

No doubt that life could not continue for long and soon
When signs of certain danger surfaced, 
I was a man confusion with the thought, 
'Oh! What's happening?' 

When the downfall started, 
I was a man of defence everywhere with the thought.. 
'Let me not leave it to chance!' 

When the slide down picked up pace, 
I was a man of helplessness ready to catch the last straw with the thought.. 
'God! Save me!' 

And 

When the final dumping followed, 
I had nothing but just one thing alone left with me.. 
'WEEP ENDLESSLY WITHIN FOR MY OWN ACTIONS!' 
As
It was too late to do anything 
when I found out who was behind it!

An old Post is edited and reposted here to suit this week's IndiSpire Prompt 


The Post is for BlogChatter too to CauseAChatter..

Keyword:
SUCCESS

24 comments:

  1. If only we can avoid/prevent it from going IN our heads .... then humility and thriving for perfection will be our constant friends :) :) Wise thought here as always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much rightly said, Kokila.. Sorry, I missed replying to the comment on the Post in time.. It's very much by oversight.. Thanks for the good comment here!

      Delete
  2. Should be written in block letters, framed and hung in classrooms and homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you, Indrani.. I'm sorry, I missed replying to the comment in time by oversight.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  3. Till IT goes into my head, IT should be fine. A post full of wisdom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the compliment, Somali.. By oversight, I missed replying to the comment here.. Sorry for the same!

      Delete
  4. Much needed guidance to people blindly chasing IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly a good comment on the Post, Lataji.. Sorry for the delay in replying to the comment.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. I think we have to plod along. Success and failures are part of the journey. Wise men are not moved by them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you, Abhijit.. Sorry for the delay in replying here.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  6. There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance which is humility...confidence smiles whereas arrogance smirks...lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance which is humility...confidence smiles whereas arrogance smirks...lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So correctly said, Madam.. A nice comment added here.. Thanks for the same and sorry for the delay in replying here due to oversight!

      Delete
  8. Love your sharing the essence of wisdom in this fast paced life.

    I'm to inform you that I've nominated you to participate in the three day quote challenge. I've just posted my 2nd day post on indivine in this regard. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madam for the appreciation and nomination.. There was a delay in seeing the comment and I'm sorry for the same.. A modified one with the same meaning is presented here.. Hope you appreciate the content!

      Delete
  9. Failures are our real teachers, they define us more than success. Well written and conceptualized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said Datta Ghosh.. Thanks for the compliment..

      Delete
  10. Very beautiful presentation of psychological effects of IT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some time I was confused reading "IT" as information technology. Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just made it a bit poetical, Rajeev.. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
    2. For more clarity I added 'SUCCESS' by the side of 'IT' in the beginning.. Hope now it's fine!

      Delete
  12. Words of wisdom. Amazing post. Failure gets us closer to what we're good at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia for the appreciative comment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete