Monday, August 2, 2021

SURE WORK IS WORSHIP, NOTHING LESS!


I thought.. 
'Let me stop my work and relax for the day!' 
Soon proverbs and quotes of the Great Personalities started ringing in my ears..

'No bees, no honey; no work, no money!'
-- Proverb

'When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die!'
-- Roosevelt

'A man grows most tired while standing still!' 
-- Chinese proverb

'There is no substitute for hard work!'
-- Thomas Alva Edison

'Work keeps at bay, three great evils..
Boredom, vice and need!' 
-- Unknown

'It is the working man who is the happy man.
It is the idle man who is the miserable man!' 
-- Benjamin Franklin

'Mankind's worst enemy is fear of work!'
-- Unknown

I was instantly taken a back, regained my senses and modified my thinking,
'Okay.. Let me some how finish my work and relax!'
Again some of those Sayings were into my ears..

'When I was a young man I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work!'
-- George Bernard Shaw

'It's quite possible to work without results but never will there be results without work!'
-- Unknown

I got shaken up and instantly firmed up to get into the work to rule attitude!
Again few Sayings were around me..

'Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life!'
-- Confucius

'If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe!'
-- Abraham Lincoln

Those finally encouraged me soon get into my active work.. Right at that moment, the Highest Message was in front of me..

'If everyone thinks about the work one is doing and so works intelligently, one would 
get the best education, 
find the work interesting, 
develop own intellect, 
enlarge and purify one's heart, 
acquire efficiency in the work and 
make inventions and improvements 
which would benefit the world.. 
As the work has become more interesting, 
it gives joy and 
makes the person feel no fatigue in doing it and 
thus the work becomes artistic!'
-- Mahatma Gandhi

As that discipline finally put me into the best mode of working with total dedication, right at that moment Sloka 10, Chapter III, Bhagavad Gita 
was heard on distant loud speakers very much affirming
The Sacred Concept of Working
thus..

"saha-yajnah prajah srstva
purovaca prajapatih
anena prasavisyadhvam
esa vo ’stv ista-kama-dhuk."

"Having first created mankind together with ygna (work),
the Prajapati said, 
‘By this shall you propagate; 
Let this be to you the cow of plenty!’"

Keyword:
WORK

10 comments:

  1. Very nicely written. Made for an intersting read. Now I think I should pull up my socks and get working too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for a nice compliment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. It was really interesting
    Deepika Sharma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepika Sharma for the compliment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Manali for the appreciative comment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful post. Enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well-chosen quotes to make your point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear from you, Satabdi.. Thanks & Wishes!

      Delete