Friday, August 13, 2021

THE REALISTIC WAY OF LIVING!


* Lord Krishna was about to take the 2nd fistful of beaten rice brought by His childhood friend but

Lady Srimathi Rukmini stopped Him saying that the Lord could never compensate His friend for the 2nd gulp as He already owed him a lot for the 1st one.. 

That was the worth the Lord was ready to give to honor His dear friend!

* The Great Man decided to transfer his houses permanently in the names of his tenants saying,

"Here a natural right is automatically accrued to them thru' living in those houses and the ownership right is lost for me for not living there!"

That was the worth the Great Man was ready to forego for the benefit of others!

* When the proud king offered massive wealth to the Famous Poet cum Devotee of Lord Vishnu if He dedicated His poetry to the king, the Great Personality refused it saying,

"Having know the Ultimate, how can I stop dedicating my poetry unto the Lord?"

That was the worth the Famous Devotee was ready to decline to uphold the Truth!

These are no doubt, the great stories of ours which forever stress the importance of

Giving away the rightly earned,
Not claiming the rightly bestowed on and
Foregoing the rightly accrued..


It may so happen that some times, I too feel that I should do something in this direction but the self in me never allows that beyond saying,

"Why do you do to the unconnected people? If you do that, what will happen to you and your own people? Who will really take care of you in times of crisis? See.. Equally what the Great Personalities alone had said and done..

** When a man asked the Great Man of the Ashram to give him some food as he was hungry, the Great Personality said,

"Do this equivalent work, I'll give you food!"

When the man retorted saying that how a man collapsing with hunger could do any work, the Great Man said,

"In that case, I'll give you food. Eat, relax for a while but finish my work and go!"

When the man refused to do that accusing the Noble Personality as cruel, the Great Man said,

"You can go now. You will not get food here!"

There by,

Not giving away the rightly earned..

** "I'll help my son first and later the other man as I have more duty towards my son than towards the other man!"

Affirmed the Great Man when was asked whom he would help first a stranger or his son when both were in exact need at the same time..

There by,

Claiming the rightly bestowed on..

And Lord Krishna thru' Verse 42 & 43 Chapter III of Srimad Bhagavad Gita equally said..

'O Arjuna by the sword of transcendental knowledge, destroy the doubts of self born of ignorance and taking the shelter of uniting individual consciousness with the ultimate consciousness, arise for the battle!'"

There by,

Not foregoing the rightly accrued..

So be realistic in your life.. Remember..

When the stomach growls, all philosophy ends!"

Yes, understood.. The distinction between 'Mine' and 'Not Mine' is a fact with me here
  • I may never be able to do beyond a limit and if forcibly attempted,
  • I may do a little more than my usual limit and
  • I would straight away be afraid to look further up..
That being the case, the ever golden mean path for me in this life is..

'Let me care for myself and remain stable first but beyond

Let me not be too much self oriented,
Let me control my 'self' at an appropriate point and
Let me be useful to my 'Next Man!'

‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon’ 

Keywords: REALISTIC, LIVING

2 comments:

  1. True sir. We must be practical in all our approaches. We should know that we'll be able to help others only if we will be self sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vikas for such a meaningful comment of appreciation on the Post.. Love it and wishes!

      Delete