Monday, August 15, 2022

FREEDOM AT MID NIGHT.. WHAT'S IT LIKE?


"I exercised my Right to Vote. Now, my freedom 100% is with me!"

Beamed the young man. The well-wisher smiled, patted the youth and said..

"Electing the right Democratic Leader thru' Voting is the Sacred Duty with you and there your basic freedom is secured, if not 100%!"

"Why not, Sir? What is less 100% here unless I do grossly wrong? See..

This is my Educational Institution. Can't I freely express here the way I want, study my courses and get my Degree?"

The young man queried..

"No doubt its the Freedom with you but all that is yours only if you diligently follow the Rules and Regulations laid out by your Institute. Then alone the Degree is yours else there can be a brake there. And any ignorance is no excuse here!"

The well-wisher replied..

"Alright.. This is my vehicle. I'll drive my vehicle at my wish and and take it wherever I want to go!"

"No doubt, it's the Freedom with you but all that is yours only if you remember forever that the vehicle is registered and you are a licence holder as you drive thru' and you can do all that within the laid out Rules and Regulations only. And any ignorance is no excuse here!"

"Okay leave that too. At least when, I get into my job tomorrow, I'm sure I can do something there out of my expression and bring out something useful.. Am I wrong?"

"No doubt that Freedom with you is yours only if you remember that the employment is governed by an Agreement you entered into at the time of joining covered by certain Rules and Regulations and all along you stick to that discipline and conduct. And any ignorance is no excuse here!"

"Understood Everywhere there are restrictions. At least, Can I freely move all around in public places or that too is restricted?"

"No doubt that Freedom with you is yours only as long as you know fully well that your freedom equally ends where the other man's nose begins!"

Keyword: FREEDOM

2 comments:

  1. Freedom is responsibility. People forget it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Tomichan Matheikal.. In discharge of my duties to core alone, my freedom ever exists. Rest are all short cuts to utopian freedom which may look rosy and alluring. Thanks for the good observation on the Post. Wishes!

      Delete