Thursday, January 12, 2023

I WANTED TO BE WHEN I WAS GROWING UP....





In class 7th.. 

I wanted not to participate in giving speech during my elocution period but my dad met my class teacher and included my name saying..
  • "Select one of the topics, prepare well and speak!"
In Class 9th.. 

I wanted not to participate in a voluntary service out of fear but my dad knowing about it, came to my school and included my name saying..
  • "You should involve in such works once in a way!"
In class 10th..

I wanted to have some money and asked my dad..
  • “Pass your schooling with good rank first. Till then I'll only buy for you what you want!”
He said..

In class 11th..

I wanted to sleep more in the early morning hrs of winter..
  • "Why are you still sleeping? Wasting precious morning hrs. Of late, you are missing many tasks which I asked you to do!"
My dad's voice was heard loud..

In class 12th.. 

I was not interested to write exams as I was thru' the local competitive exam.  But my dad made me apply for every exam I was eligible saying,
  • "You should know what competition means!"
In college..

I wanted to have my own money as my friends carried theirs but he refused saying,
  • “Take this for this month and let me see where it goes!”
In my job..

I wanted to give my first salary to my dad for his use..
  • “Keep sufficient monies for your personal needs and give me only the balance. I'll save it for you!”
He said.. 

After few years..

I wanted to venture into certain investing and as I had no enough savings, I asked my dad for the investment but he replied..
  • “Monies are precious and never in excess. Don't ask me anything!”
After some more years.. 

I shot back..

“Want to do planned investment but can't meet all those extra expenses without a support. If you don’t support, how can I grow in my life?”
  • "NIL"
Was my dad's answer there.. 

After few months.. 

I firmed up to invest without any help from my dad but he said with a smile..
  • “Take this one time check from me as support. At this stage I can venture this much alone into your investment. As planned, for the balance go for a loan!"
And continued beyond..
  • "In the coming days, you'll be taking up many turmoils and cut throat competitions in your work and later greater family responsibilities in your life. That way, the list may be endless but the foundation for that is laid firmly and brought to this level. Best Wishes!"
This post is a part of BlogchatterBlogHop
www.theblogchatter.com


Keywords: GROWING UP, #BlogchatterBlogHop

No comments:

Post a Comment