Saturday, February 11, 2023

SHREYAN SWADHARMO VIGUNAH PARADHARMAAT SWANUSSTHITAAT! #WriteAPageADay


It was a grand celebration..

"Wish you......!"

The visitors one by one were greeting the man on the dais and giving their presents etc..

Soon lunch was served to all. With too many delicacies and too many tastes..

"How much, this would have costed the man?"

A man was heard asking softly..

"Must be around....... on the lower side!"

The answer came up further softly..

"I can't celebrate this type of functions at this age. You know..

'When the devotees decided to celebrate similar function in respect of the Great Saint, the Great Personality smiled and said,

"Why not celebrate the Day of my Realization?"'

We should contain ourselves.. Not expand like this to sky!"

The man said..  The wise man next to him smiled and said,

"Dear! With your permission, can I say something here?"

"You are very much welcome, Sir! Between us, What do you say? This type of celebrations.. Are they really required in our life?"

"Required or not, no doubt that is 100% my wish. But the other man requires it or not it is 0% my wish!"

"What Sir, When the Great Saint himself said that so clearly, do you still say, that it is required to celebrate like this?"

"Dear! 

** A Great Saint forever living outside in open area used to say, 

“Earth is the floor, Sky is the roof and Hills around are the walls of my house!”

** The Great Man transferred his houses permanently in the names of his tenants saying,

"Here a natural right is automatically accrued to them thru' living in those houses!"

** The Great Philosopher attacked to an unconscious level and subsequently served by the disciples to regain consciousness when asked who was serving Him said, 

“The hand that hit me is serving me now!”

** The Great Saint proclaimed that He need not learn and need not work as he had no desires.. When asked how he'd survive without work, He smiled and said, 

"Some of you may feed me.. If not, I go hungry and in process if the body perishes, let it!"

Are you ready to affirm and do these too because the Great Personalties have said and done?"

"-------"

"Dear! I am the normal mortal positioned far, far away from the Great Personalities as such my living is totally different from Theirs constantly oscillating between

My powerful desires

And

My Sacred Duties in front..

Sure, I need to wage a war here constantly saying 'NO' to those desires and sticking to the Sacred Duties max and thus this life goes for me as on date on the earth..

Now tell me being limited from all sides thus, how can I say 
  • 'That man is celebrating at this age!'
Just because that particular interest lacks in me with 101 similar interests remaining intact?"

Right at that moment, 

Verse 35, Chapter III of Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Was heard on distant loud speakers melodiously recited in parallel conveying the Message of Lord Krishna to Prince Arjuna..

'Shreyan swadharmo vigunah paradharmaat swanusshthitaat
Swadharme nidhanam shreyah paradharmo bhayaavahah.'


'Ever safe is one’s own duty than the duty of another even well discharged. Better is even death in one’s own duty than the duty of another full of fear!'"


Keywords: desire, duty, #WriteAPageADay

No comments:

Post a Comment