Wednesday, January 4, 2012

* A Marvelous Technology!


I visited an ATM Booth of a Standard Bank in the city…. Wanted to draw some cash with the Bank's ATM Card, but the ATM refused to proceed with my Card even after a few trials…. I was thinking that it was a fault with my Card.... But when another gentleman next to me too tried to operate the Machine and failed, I had my own doubts about the Machine itself.... But meanwhile, the third person in the queue used his ‘Another Bank’s ATM Card’, it worked and he got his cash!   For a while, we were at a loss to know why it happened so.... 

But after a few minutes, I came out of the ATM Booth thinking of going to the Bank next door and draw the cash required from the Bank's Counter as the same was urgently required....

Meanwhile, the next old gentleman in the queue entered the ATM Booth to try his luck and it appeared  he too had the same problem….Next to him, an young man joined him inside the Booth to help him out but for a while nothing seemed working.... Instantly, I had the second thoughts of just waiting there for a few minutes with a hope that the situation may improve…. At that point of time, the desperate old gentleman inside the Booth was trying to come out....

Suddenly to the surprise of every one, the door got locked…. The old man tried a few times to open the same from inside with the switch provided for that purpose, but it did not work.... Next, he pulled the door hard and that was found to be of no use…. By that time, the young man inside joined him in this task but both together too could do nothing.... I quickly tried pushing the door from outside, but no way…. It appeared that the door was firmly locked!

At that point of time, the old gentleman inside signaled to me to insert my Card in the front 'Card Slot' so that the door could open…. I tried, but that too was of no use….The two people thus got locked up inside for a while....

Instantly, I started moving towards the Bank to take their help in opening the door…. At that moment, another young man came forward, tried his Card in the outside slot.... That's all.... It worked instantly, he could open the door and the two men were out to the relief of all....

And in the melee,  as I peeped at the young man Card who instantly became the Savior there no doubt, I found that it was the work of 'Another Bank’s ATM Card' again!

No comments:

Post a Comment