Saturday, September 22, 2012

A practice required in my life….


In a certain small village, there lived a distinct gentleman….

In all problems of the individuals of the village, when some used to extend just the lip sympathy saying, ‘I am sorry. I am unable to help here. See, it is not my problem!’ and thus keep off, this gentleman firmly used to say, ‘It is a problem and painful situation. Let me help the affected!’ and immediately get into whatever relief works possible at his level …. 

Thus life was going on.

Suddenly there was a catastrophe in the village and almost all the people of the village were affected this way or that way….People who supported earlier the thinking Viz., ‘It is not my problem’ when his/her next man was in trouble had a trauma and painful recovery.

The gentleman who supported all the while the concept Viz., ‘It is a problem and painful situation’, continued saying the same and got into action. With all calmness, first he attended to his problem, brought that to a stage where good recovery was in sight, immediately started helping out the people around who were equally affected and truly worked out a plan for them towards recovery….

People around him got astonished and asked, “How is that you are not disturbed much during this crisis and helped yourself as well as others?”

The gentleman smiled and replied, ‘My dear! I always believed in the precept that a problem in front needs to be addressed; that’s all!   I could never distinguish it as ‘mine’ and ‘not mine.’ Thus, when the catastrophe had struck me and others around equally, there was only one thought in me…. ‘First help yourself for self recovery and when once you can stand to the situation, help the next man!’  As I continuously believed in this philosophy, in time it worked to the perfection!”

No comments:

Post a Comment