Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A True Working Personality....


When the Great Man protesting for a Cause was arrested, subsequently acquitted of innocence and released, He refused to leave the Premises saying, "Here the original purpose of my Protest is never met.... What is the use of being out of this Place just because you decided to do so?"

When a man firms up and decides to be all into any Activity, that's the Spirit that works in him / her and the same does wonders around.... Here, the Work Environment too is no exception....

The Saying goes…. It is not the General Manger’s Post that brings dignity to a person; it is the person that brings dignity to a General Manager Post....

A 'True Working Personality' alone can keep up that dignity.... And that sure I am when I forever become conscious of.....

###  The Designation of the Post given to me at Work Spot….

The Designation speaks of a Responsibility am I am supposed to discharge that responsibility at my work.... I should do total justice to this requirement....If at any time, I am questioned on my Authority, I should answer through my Designation alone…. Like a Workman basically has to work, a Manger has to manage, a Supervisor has to supervise, a General Manager has to do overall management, a Designer has to design, an Advisor has to advise etc....

###  The Contract of Employment....

The Contract Rules clearly notify the Employer’s liability, terms and conditions of all the Payments, Performance at Work, Working hrs, Holidays, Leave and Overtime Rules and other General Welfare Measures.... The knowledge of the same is essential for smooth flow of work at any time....

###  The timely promotions, change of jobs in the right time, putting up additional qualifications and undergoing necessary Vocational Trainings during the Employment Tenure....

The Employer through a Promotion is conveying or certifying to the world that I am a capable personality at work in respect of the Promotional Designation given to me.... It is a feather in the cap and never should I miss it when it is due.... Higher qualification on the job is sure an asset here where as the present qualification may limit the growth.... If finances permit, it's better I catch up one such qualification in my tenure.... Continuous up-gradation of work skills / Managerial Capabilities is a must at work as a blunt knife does not cut for long and needs sharpening in between....

### The right decisions on transfers, outside Postings, temporary duties, On-site duties etc that would be offered during the Employment Period....

These are the opportunities given to me to learn at a faster rate a lot in my work area and sometimes learning new things which otherwise may never happen and I should never miss the same at my work....

###  Disciplining myself on the very right attitude towards work....

A joke heard in this context….

A tall building was rented out to the Offices of a Company and the Fire Officials conducted a mock drill to see that all people could vacate the premises in time as per the norms of Fire Dept.... It so happened that the same evening as the close of Shift alarm went out at 5 PM, the same people vacated the Premises in much lesser time!

Let me look at myself on this attitude.... In the long run, all my Employers sure brand me as not devoted to work and my home gets no benefit as the Family Members would have relaxed more as I was easily available for them.... Thus ultimately, I do no good any where.... Why not I straighten myself a little?

These 'Five Entities' together alone make me a full a 'Full Man' at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment