Thursday, September 8, 2022

GREY HAIR WISDOM! #BlogchatterBlogHop


"Sometimes, my son won't listen to me. He says he knows what to do. I'm worried if he goes wrong somewhere, how to take care of all that? I don't know what to do in this situation!"

Thus was complaining my friend to me a bit sadly on an evening. I smiled and said,

"Don't worry, dear! I'll try to convince and educate the boy. Let me talk to him once!"

Accordingly I met the boy the next day evening and after few enquiries asked him,

"Dear! I'd like to tell you a story. Don't mind listening?"

The boy said,
  • "Sir, You are elderly and you always tell for our good. I'm listening!"
I continued,

"I once visited........... and on a hot afternoon 

I was sitting at a coffee shop in the middle of a huge garden reading the book

"GREY HAIR WISDOM!"

When a very elderly man passing that way smiled at me and said..

'Beautiful weather, isn't it?'

For a moment, I couldn't understand what he was saying but quickly smiled saying,

'Yeah!'

Simultaneously feeling within me with the heat around,

'Funny old man.. He doesn't know what to talk!'

And having a second look at the b
ook in my hand 

"GREY HAIR WISDOM!"

Days passed and the weather continued to become hotter and hotter. On one of those days, I had to move out on a particular afternoon sitting at the same coffee shop reading the remaining part of the same book

"GREY HAIR WISDOM!"

When the same elderly man whom I met earlier came there saying,

"God! What a heat!"

I smiled at him, nodded my head but was laughing within myself..

'Yes, dear! Sometime back you only called this weather beautiful!'

But do you know dear, 

After a short while, a strange feeling overtook me..

'Yeah! He was right.. The weather here is pretty hot in summer and these months its max and so those few months back it was pretty cool only..

How I mistook him at that point of time and thought him to be meaningless? Actually, I was foolish in not able to understand his matured talk!' 

With the Book in my hand

"GREY HAIR WISDOM!"

Seen smiling at me!

Now tell me.. Don't you agree that what your dad tells you at this point of time are sure

THE PEARLS OF WISDOM

Of his age for your ultimate good?"

This post is a part of BlogchatterBlogHop
www.theblogchatter.com

Keywords: WISDOM, #BlogchatterBlogHop

18 comments:

  1. A big valuable lesson. If only youngsters understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nicely said.. I'm sure the young will listen to the right at any point of time.. Thanks for such a good Comment!

      Delete
  2. Indeed! Well written! So agree with Indrani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Written and it was a good lesson sir.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful message conveyed through this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purba for leaving such a valuable Comment here!

      Delete
  5. We all need to learn this. great read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything has a value, which needs to be appreciated. Nice story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lataji.. I know, you bring the additional value to the Post thru' your right Comment!

      Delete
  7. Well thought and we should not ignore what others have commented....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it very much right.. Every Comment is to be taken positively, looked in and out for its worth and then only decided on the course of action.. Thank you very much!

      Delete
  8. Everything is relative not absolute.Nice message through the story sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Somali.. I know, your valuable Comments forever support the Content!

      Delete
  9. The boy said, "Sir, You are elderly and you always tell for our good only.. I'm listening!"
    This unfortunately is itself missing in the 21st century....How does other things then follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mentioned the right point here, Rajeev.. Young people sure listen many times except a few.. There too, if elders can convince their good in that, they definitely appreciate it.. Acceptance follows sooner or later!

      Delete