Friday, April 29, 2016

THE ZEROED IN 'DUTY OF MINE!'

'na karmanam anarambhan naiskarmyam puruso snute
na ca sannyasanad eva siddhim samadhigacchati!'
..Srimad Bhagavad Gita 

'A person can never achieve freedom from reactions to activities without first performing the Vedic duties prescribed; neither perfection would be attained by renouncing them as well!' 

'Do your duty' 
is the oft taught Precept in life. And equally the most important aspect of this Precept is knowing well the so called duty! 

The 3 golden ways of assessing this duty of mine to a reasonable level with an ever open mind to modify the same for betterment of me as well the world are 

Thru' the oft emphasized guidelines given by my religion, tradition, customs, culture and the law of the land.. 
Thru' what the people around me feel I should do in the situation.. and 
Thru' what my inner consciousness feels as the Right in that context! 

As long as there is no conflict between these 3, 
my basic duty 
forever lies in accepting all the 3 guidelines as they are and following the same a 100%! 

But when a conflict surfaces, I should never hurry up here but pause, study carefully the whole effect of doing a particular activity and then only go ahead with my doing there 
my safety and peace of mind 
reasonably ensured! 

All along, I should again remember that 

I myself is never a static personality in the situation being subjected to cognizable changes within me with the passage of time.. and 
Equally me changing drastically too when a threat situation of serious nature prevails! 

When I take such a well-knit Care with me, naturally I can say that I've well planned in my life with my own adjustment in a trifling situation! 

And when I go ahead thus along with a firm faith in 
The Almighty 
that ultimately He alone steers my sails for my betterment in this life.. 


No doubt.. I have done the best in my life respecting every element of Mother Nature around me and all along never neglected an inch of care from me! 

Seen thus, the 
Traditional Austerities, Rituals and Practices 
involved in my day to day life invariably amount to performing this single activity with all due care in my life Viz.; 
The Title of the Post! 

(The Post is written in line with the IndSpire Prompt #rituals)


7 comments:

  1. Your line of thinking on doing duty guided by the tenets is well founded. While for me performing my duties/tasks I take care there is a synergy, peace, continuity and alignment of 'Zaahir' (outerself) and 'Baatin' (innerself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it very much right Bushra.. That's exactly it strikes me too this day.. Thanks for such a valuable comment on these pages and further thanks for share on Google+ too!

      Delete
  2. Sreedhar sir, I absolutely agree with your thoughts and perceptions related to the mere "truth of life". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyotika.. Happy to have such a good comment on these Pages.. Please be reading the Posts here and leave your comments.. That will be a valuable feed back on my Topics!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I forgot.. Thanks too for sharing on Google+!

      Delete
  3. Hello Sir,
    Its really nice to have such good content to read and learn from. In life its important to perform one's duty without thinking about the outcome. It would only reduce the joy of achieving and add the pain of not getting the desired.
    Best Regards,
    Kalpana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Kalpana.. I missed answering the Comment for reasons unknown.. Today only, I happened to see it.. A nice appreciative comment here and thank you for the same.. Yes.. As we perform our duty with dedication, many problems unwind themselves without our notice!

      Delete