Monday, November 14, 2016

THE WRONGLY DECIPHERED 'GOLDEN MEAN PATH!'

"I forever advocate following of the 'Golden Mean Path' in our lives.. See, Sir! It's very difficult to bring a change in the world and in this context, even the Great Men and Women of the Earth at one stage had left that to happen by itself..

As I'm very much limited and infinitesimal compared to the Great Personalities, I feel I should just

  • Listen around, 
  • Look at my own limitations in the situation and 
  • Act as per that clarity alone!
If the Powerful man really becomes angry with us, it's a problem for us.. Isn't it?"

"Dear! I understand what you say in this context and I equally agree that we should never oppose the Powerful as we have an interest in our happy existence too but I'm sure, what you said is not the true Golden Mean Path the Great People often advocated!"

"What are you saying, Sir? If I oppose the strong man, I know the problem.. If that really happens, none can save me in this world!"

"Dear! I'm not asking you to be a rebellion in your life.. That attitude takes you no where except leading to your own self satisfaction of opposing the wrong, in the process forgetting the right to be done at the same time.. As an Individual, It's
 my foremost duty to uphold the Right and nothing less should be aimed at by me there..

What the Great People of Earth forever said about the 'Golden Mean Path' is as per my Dharma, I need to take care of myself too at my base living without an exception..

And when once that base living is reasonably ensured and safety established, I should never rest but thru' a certain self sacrifice, dynamically look at the issues in front, start acting as per my duty associated there and thus continue my life..

In the process, certain criticisms, some seclusions and a few limited oppositions would sure come up and I should take them with a smile myself never reacting but still insist on the Right to be done.. As this goes on, people around soon understand me at my own level and they too in time become supportive there..

I thus become stronger in my area/surroundings with the genuine people okaying my doing and with such an added strength, I should start doing the Right much more steadily..

Devoid of this self imposed discipline with me, if I take life cool under the pretext saying..
  • 'What can I do? I'm a limited man!' 
That path is never the
  • 'Sacred Golden Mean Path'
the Great People have advocated but just a
  • 'Self-imposed mediocre path'
I myself have defined with all ease..

Instead, a normal human being doing his/her day to day job with all sincerity and closing for the day is a much more nobler person in the situation!"

Keywords: sacrifice, Golden Mean Path

2 comments:

  1. Very valid point Sir. Reminds me of a popular line from Tamil version of Bhagavad Gita - "Kadamai Sei ; Palanai edhir parathe" - which is roughly translated into "Do your duty; have no expectations of the reward that follows". Whatever be the situation one is in, he must do his duty/dharma, what is right with all his sincerity. Awards and rewards will come on its own. As you said, it makes him a noble person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Manasaa.. The Golden Mean Path is ideal for anyone in this world and equally safe too but it forever asserts not to take life cool under the feeling that I am a limited person and expects one to progress within the limits thru' a definite sacrifice and help out the people by the side.. The Path forever says.. SAFE GUARD YOURSELF BUT NEVER REST DOING LIMITED UNDER THAT FEELING! Thanks for the nice comment here!

      Delete