Saturday, December 16, 2017

"I NEVER STOOD A CHANCE, DID I?"


"I NEVER STOOD A CHANCE, DID I?"

Sitting in my luxury car suddenly I asked my elderly well-wisher next to me as the car pushed thru' dense traffic and certain stream of thoughts simultaneously overtook me for a while..

"What are you talking, dear?"

My well-wisher asked me back having got surprised with what I spoke all of a sudden.

“Sorry, Sir! I voluntarily spoke out as certain chain of thoughts took over me without my knowledge. The point is, I really wonder how this our driver keeps his cool with such a confusion and chaos around him. A few times I tried driving but was quite tensed up to watch out constantly for people and vehicles around and here,

I never stood a chance of myself getting into a nasty situation on the road all along my life!"

“Dear! The man at the wheel is not like us who do just the fancy driving for our comfort and pleasure but is more driven by his precious basic needs of life. Unless he works, the money can't be generated; not working alone but work with a competitive edge..

Here, it's a ‘No Go’ situation for your driver and as such, any nervousness in his case automatically takes a back seat!”

I looked around the inside of my car which was maintained in a neat and good condition and subsequently looked out through the closed window. On the road side, a few people were buying and eating the stuff sold there unmindful of the dust and dirt around. I said with an exclamation..

”I am ever afraid to eat such stuff as I'm sure I'll fall sick the next moment I touch them and here too

I never stood a chance of myself falling seriously ill with such outside food all along my life!"

“Dear! These people don't have monies like us to keep everything neat and clean. With almost small finances at their disposal, they have to meet their essentials. And you know, the hunger being the primary force, drives a man to any extent..

So here too it's a ‘No Go’ situation for these people and as such, any neatness and cleanliness in their case automatically take a back seat!”

I looked at my well-wisher and said,

“Sir! However matured I may be, I invariably agree to sign on papers in certain matters which I can always refuse easily but an old lady known to me is very firm in such matters and says very easily 'NO' there. How is that she is so stubborn in such instances where as

I never stood a chance of myself saying 'NO' there along my life?"

My elderly well-wisher smiled and quipped,

“The elderly lady is really helpless in those matters as she has no knowledge of them and also never would be able to learn in that direction. So the only way in front of her is to say firmly ’NO’ when asked. In your case, you are sure of understanding the issues well. So you'll get into the issues, but fear and memory of going wrong always keep you tensed up all along..

So here too it's a ‘No Go’ situation for the old lady and as such, saying 'YES' in her case automatically takes a back seat!”

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Keywords: stand, chance, safety

12 comments:

  1. You are so correct in your observations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Situations and our limitations decide how we end up behaving.
    A great compilation of various experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani.. Your Comment is truly a feather cap to the Post!

      Delete
  3. Astute and empathetic observations Sreedhar ji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lataji.. Such a good Comment from a Professional Like you!

      Delete
  4. Those are such amazing insights! Glad I dropped by :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leena.. Really a good Comment on this Post!

      Delete
  5. A nice assessment of different kinds of situations wit some very good insights..makes the reader think...good post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the appreciation.. A nice comment on the post!

      Delete
  6. A rap on the kunckles who has a disconnect between them and their surroundings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prasanna Raghavan for appreciation on the Post.. Yes.. A 'HO GO' situation drives an individual to those extreme doings too but equally the firmness to do that makes him/her fit and fine there.. A nice comment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete