Friday, December 8, 2017

THE ABCs.. OF BRINGING UP CHILDREN!

Looking back at 60+, I was ever interested / prepared myself in instilling 3 Basic Values in the minds of my children as I brought them up in my life invariably making them equip themselves with the fundamentals of leading this life happily having a true meaning to it and thus remain fit..

The A,B,C,D,E,Fs of these 3 Basic Values go thus..

  • Brighten up the prospects of having the best future thru' dedicated learning and the related training but along with that Express too what you are within to have a meaning to your immediate life!
Here brightening up the child's future prospects thru' good learning/training and subsequent employment in his/her adult life is a must else the basic existence itself is indirectly threatened and I had necessarily taught this Value No 1 to my children from the right age without an exception..

In the process, the children might not find time to express themselves which was their basic gist of this very living and thus I equally made my children do that without losing sight of the higher meaning to their lives..

  • Face the inevitable competition with no second thought but along with that Accept too what comes thru' wholeheartedly!
Here, facing competition next to me is inevitable in this life as the concept of 'Survival of the fittest!' ever rules our lives and thus I necessarily imbibed this Value No 2 too in the mind of my children if not directly indirectly from the appropriate age..

In the process, the child should never be put to undue mental stress and thus it was my duty there to continuously make the issue in front look lighter there by tuning my children's minds ultimately ready to accept what comes thru' heroically and thus remain stable!
  • Care for and share with others without an exception but along with that Discipline yourself in respect of time, money and energy!
Here, caring/sharing is no doubt the divine expression and one should necessarily get into this habit from childhood. Thus imbibing this Value No 3 in my children again was my responsibility and I never side lined this at any point of time as they should grow ultimately into total personalities in their lives..

In the process, disciplining oneself in respect of his/her time, money and energies is a must and thus it became my duty there to tune up my children's minds to the ever limited availability of these resources and the necessity of doing all that within those limits!

The Post is written in line with the requirement of this week's IndiSpire Prompt What are the 3 most important values that you would teach your child? #responsibleparent

Keywords: children, Values

2 comments: