Friday, February 2, 2018

THE DEFINITE ROLES I PLAYED/CONTINUE TO PLAY IN MY LIFE!

Sloka 62 and 63, Chapter 2 of Srimad Bhagavad Gita say that in a case a normal human being if not in attention,

'dhyayato visayan pumsah sangas tesupajayate
sangat sanjayate kamah kamat krodho bhijayate

krodhad bhavati sammohah sammohat smrti vibhramah
smrti bhramsad buddhi naso buddhi nasat pranasyati!'


Meaning

'By brooding over sense objects (involving in self gratification), attachment develops, from attachment desires come up, from desires (when not satisfied) anger comes up,

From anger delusion occurs, from delusion bewilderment of memory takes place, after that discrimination capacity goes and losing discrimination one perishes!'


With no exception other than such a god given personality with me who needed continuous correction as I look back into my past, I can easily recapitulate the various roles I played in my life varying from days to years to life long living thru' many travails the number never remaining small.


I feel it's right on my part to broadly divide these roles under 5 sub-headings Viz.,

Close family area
Extended family area
Educational area
Work area and
Social Circle area

  • In close family area the primary roles were/are those of a son, brother, brother-in-law, spouse, son-in-law, father, father-in-law and grandfather..
  • In extended family area the main roles were/are those of a cousin, nephew, maternal uncle, paternal uncle etc..
  • In educational area the roles were those of a pupil, under graduate student and post graduate student..
  • In work area the roles were those of a Technical Trainee, Engineer cum supervisor, Junior Manager, Senior Manager, Chief Manager, Dy General manager, Advisory and Consultant, Sub-ordinate, Colleague and Boss and
  • In the social circle area the roles were/are those of a friend, neighbor, uncle, well-wisher, Senior citizen etc!
Thus seen the number roles I played/am plying are innumerable with some permanently going into history and some continuing even today.

As far as switching over from one role to other is concerned my practical experience goes thus as I recollect,

  • Some roles were automatically with me without my knowledge and equally moved away from me as time passed with little of my notice..
  • Some roles came into my life with a certain impact as well as with a force at the back of certain unexplained feelings and in time alone I got adjusted to those roles ultimately taking control of the situation..
  • Some roles were highly interesting to me and I was whole and sole into those roles in the right time they were in front and
  • Some roles constantly stay with me even this date with continuation of the associated responsibilities..
It's appropriate I close such a subject with a small story..

The highly evolved Great Saint when decided to embrace Sainthood was advised by His Master to have the final experience of one more full life on the earth..

Thus the Saint took the birth of a king, lived thru' that life playing the various roles as a king, family man and the social personality and beyond that alone embraced Spirituality thus becoming Himself the fully qualified Personality to reach the Ultimate!

That shows the importance of living this life in all the roles in front of me to the best of my abilities sincerely correcting the endless mistakes I make in the process forever remembering at the heart the Sacred Message of

Sloka 9 of Bhaja Govindam

'sastangatve nissangatvam, nissangatve nirmohatvam
nirmohatve nischalatatvam,nischalatatve jeevanmuktih'


Meaning

'From the company of seekers of truth (Living thru' awareness) non attachment develops, from non attachment comes freedom from delusion, from the freedom from delusion develops self steadiness and that self steadiness (alone) leads (one) to true liberation!'

The post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt..

The roles you have played in your real life so far. How easy has it been to switch/transit from one role to another? How many more do you wish to play? #rolespeopleplay

Keywords: life, roles

4 comments:

  1. You have nicely divided and subdivided the areas of your roles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, you have very beautifully explained each aspect of roles one play broadly in life.

    ReplyDelete