Friday, February 9, 2018

THE SURE'WAY OUT' TO WIN OVER MYSELF!

The Great Man was once approached by a man asking for some food. The Great Personality said,

  • “You have to do an equivalent work for me for the food I give you!”
  • “Sir, people call you Great! How can you straight away ask me like this when I'm dead hungry and have no energy at all?”
The man shot back.. The Great Man smiled and said,
  • “If that is the case, I give you food immediately. But promise me you will do the required work after eating the food!”
The man refused to do that saying that it was too selfish to demand work from a man when he wanted some food just to satisfy his hunger. The Great Man said that he had nothing further to say or do in the situation.

The Highest Message conveyed to me here is..

The Truth in the Universe never changes because I wish in a different way. And if I act according to my wish not caring for the Truth, I've to sure face the consequences that follow. And the sum total of such consequences of my earlier actions alone is the ‘Eternal Conflict’ I'm experiencing in my life today!

To be free from this conflict in my life, the only way in front of me is to win over myself and try following the Truth in life at every moment..

But equally too, it's a fact that I'm not that great to perceive the Truth in life ‘As Is!’ Then what is the way out for me here as an ordinary person?

Sure, there the Almighty kept a ready path of action for me thru'..

Sloka 35, Chapter III of Srimad Bhagavad Gita,

'Shreyan swadharmo vigunah paradharmaat swanusshthitaat
Swadharme nidhanam shreyah paradharmo bhayaavahah.'


'Ever safe is one’s own duty than the duty of another even well discharged.. Better is even death in one’s duty than the duty of another full of fear!'

Equally with an embedded duty therein as part of that Swadharma of mine to remain myself as true human in my life as the Lord further says..

'Shradhhavan labhate jnanam tat parah samyatendriya
jnanam labdhva param santim acirenadhigacchati.'


(Sloka 39, Chapter IV of Srimad Bhagavad Gita)

'One with full faith attentively focused who has conquered the senses, achieves transcendental knowledge and having achieved that knowledge quickly attains supreme peace!'

Which carries an equal message to me on how I should have my own sharddha (attention) here..

“Along with your doings, never get lost. Be alert as much as possible so that unknowingly, you are not dragged too much towards the pitfalls of attractions around you ending up there forever!”

Thus seen, the right way in front of me is

Living thru' attention cum relaxation

To win over myself ultimately!

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire Prompt.. It is easy to win from anyone but win from your self is so hard... #winyourself


Keywords: win, myself

4 comments:

  1. I liked the message in this. The truth is always there and we need to accept it. If we don't see it that way, nothing changes. The consequences are there waiting for us to suffer in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You very much confirmed the message here, Lancelot Quadras.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete