WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE.. 'ALL FOR MYSELF' OR 'SOME FOR OTHERS TOO?'
- “'Money is everything; money truly speaks. If some one is unhappy, make the person happy with money and your work will be done..
- No doubt, a good friendship is an asset but if it's not backed by money I very much doubt, how much that would really be effective in a tough situation!'
- 'No doubt money is many things and speaks often.. But truly speaking you can't make a man happy thru' money alone..
- Here, a good friendship truly does beyond the required.. Of course, monies are required to lead a decent life but a good friendship is totally away from this!'
It so happened that once, both these men ran into certain crises of a little serious nature which are no doubt, very much natural to happen..
The first man immediately called on the so called ‘friends’ and they too got into serious actions but all ‘typical actions’ only with the heart missing in total..
Equally the money with him could not solve the problem in full. Thus he was a lost man for a long time and slowly recovered from the crisis patching up here and there..
The second man too was attended only by few but a certain order was around him. Some rehabilitation work took place with all sincerity and honesty at the back..
The average monies with him could do something in the process and that way, certain outcome was there. Whatever, all around mentally accepted that as the ultimate bestowed by the Lord!"
When the above story was told by an elderly wise man, a smart man asked,
"Sir! Here you just covered up a moral story alone. In practice, none knows how people behave and react in situations. That way seen, where's the guarantee that all this good friendship you propose will surely work?
In a crisis like that, people may equally keep off to avoid unnecessary trouble. Again in such a situations, a man with money may be able to buy all that is required. So how much you are right in saying thus?"
The elderly smiled and said,
"Dear! It's not always that logical as you think except may be a few times. Let me clarify this thru' an example..
- Suppose you visit a theater to see a popular mass movie and in the middle of the show, the power fails. There'll be sure a big noise in the theater and the viewers will become impatient for a while..
- By bad luck, if there happened to be more delay in rectification, that soon becomes the test of patience of the viewers with ugly scenes around till the defect is rectified and the movie re-started!
- Imagine you visit a Monastery where philosophical discourses are being given by a Great Saint and in the middle of the discourse, the power fails. There'll sure be total Order around..
- The volunteers will become busy in rectifying the problem and a few devotees would instantly come forward to help. If infants become restless, the mothers would be equally helped to comfort them. All wait patiently till the power is restored and the discourse resumed..
In the first place, the precept..
'All for myself!'
Is more stressed often and in the second place,
'Some for others too!'
Is more stressed often and that makes
The final difference!"
Keywords: myself, others
Keywords: myself, others