Thursday, February 25, 2021

THE 6 PROMINENT 'AVATARS' AT WORK!


In 20s..

  • “Yeah! I love my job.. A lot to do.. And handsome monies in pocket.. But love my evenings and weekends too.. Can't miss them at any cost.. 
  • Of late, the Boss is looking out for me almost daily.. He exactly comes with a problem at 5.. That way, there's no end to this work..
Just have to look up for few excuses; no go!”

In early 30s..

  • “I may be a Dy. Manager here but that doesn't mean that I've no family life.. Love to be very much with my people in the evenings.. 
  • Of late, the Boss is eyeing me a lot.. He expects me to stay back daily whether work is there or not.. Doesn't go home but stops those who are interested to go.. 
Just have to manage the situation; no go!”

In 40s..

  • “Am the Group Head here and my work is almost unending.. Want to spend evenings with my family on week days but not at all getting time for that.. 
  • Of late, the Boss is frowning, the moment I ask for a day to go early forget about leave.. Any way, that’s the life here and equally the job too can't be neglected.. After all, the same family will not be happy if my Career is put on hold.. 
Just have to put up with the present; no go!"

In early 50s..

  • “As Team Lead, my responsibility is quite high in my dept.. And equally important.. I need to set an example to my Staff.. 
  • Here, if I stay over daily for some time in the evenings, my people sure stick to their seats beyond the siren hrs.. Of course at home, the works are no less, only are of different nature as now a days the children manage many things by themselves.. 
Just have to put up with the present; no go!"

In late 50s..

  • “I am the HOD here.. A very responsible and dignified post for.. Any how at home, life is streamlined a lot except for 2 coming up major responsibilities from my side.. More important.. 
  • I have a code of discipline at my work and all my Team Leaders need to be strictly coming under the discipline of staying a few hrs extra daily.. I know, they don't like it, but.. 
Just have to manage the situation; no go!"

And during the last 2 yrs of Service..

  • “This is GM’s Post.. No doubt, my HODs are doing their best but I should forever keep them on their toes.. The only way here is.. I should have DRMs (Daily Review Meetings) on the day's progress of activities.. If I've to do this, I need to extend my stay here till 8 PM daily.. 
  • No prob, the children are grown up, are living with their own responsibilities and many times, the extended family now a days have their special evenings without my presence.. That way seen, can definitely go home late almost daily.. Let me go ahead with full swing with these DRMs.. Am sure my folks will be unhappy.. 
Just have to look up for few excuses; no go!”


Keyword: WORK

22 comments:

  1. Hahaha, loved it Sreedhar sir!! Tough realities of life; and more so self-created by most of us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana, for leaving such a nice comment on these Pages!

      Delete
  2. Grim realities-Nicely penned. If only ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kokila.... Some Musings in this direction!

      Delete
  3. Reflection of life, well penned! Life is a full circle isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it right, Ajay! The Saying goes what a father advises his son may not work in total but is never wasted.... The son sure gives all that in total to his child in later years.... Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Habits once formed die hard. Nice post Sir. If you are on LinkedIn, would like to invite you to join Blogger India group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...100% these are avatars of job life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ranjana.. More or less these are the stages of work life with the associated changes of psychology with the individual.. Thanks for the appreciation. Wishes!

      Delete
  6. Great summing of different phases of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes.. It happens in almost every work environment and that's part of our life.. Not exactly a sad state and there alone lies our identification.. Thanks for leaving a critical comment on the Post!

      Delete
  8. So true and apt for all ages. Great summary. Enjoyed the article.

    Dipali ( https://www.spoonsandsneakers.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sir,
    Fun post. Interestingly enough, I think staying back at work remains to be a strong theme as the years roll by! :)

    I wrote a recent article about my time at work. Would appreciate your opinion on the same.

    https://sangeetsomakumar.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madhan for the compliment.. Love the same.. Sure.. I read and give my comment.. Wishes!

      Delete
  10. Too good. That is how Work life progresses and we keep feeling ourselves to be IMMORTAL piece in the Corporate World. Till a lesson comes our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaurav for the good comment on the Post.. Love it.. Wishes!

      Delete