Friday, November 2, 2018

'FORGIVE.. MOVE ON.. TOLERATE.. STAY.. FIGHT!'
BUT NEVER CARRY 
'REVENGE!' 


### After the Kurukshetra war, when Pandava brothers accompanied by Lord Sri Krishna visited the blind king Dhritarashtra, the king wanted to embrace and bless them one by one. When Bhima’s turn came up, Lord Krishna signaled to the security personnel to move the pre made steel statue of Bhima already kept there into the arms of Dhritarashtra..

The blind King embraced the statue and to the astonishment of all, with a one time great strength given to him through an earlier boon crushed the same into pieces..

Lord Krishna said,

"All along, the King carried a hidden revenge towards Bhima as he killed his beloved son, Duryodhana. That's the reason I arranged the statue in place of Bhima!"

Whenever certain harm is done to me by my opponent, no doubt such a revenge attitude surfaces in me but subsequently
  • It would either be covered up by my own requirements of behaving to the tune of my social life around or
  • Myself unable to challenge the opponent would keep silence trying to forget that or
  • I may be inclined to follow the path of lawful actions in the situation and hence it is answered the other way.. 
All along, our Sacred Books of course, very much affirm that definitely I do not give back instantly in such situations with a revenge feeling as
  • I too occupy and live on the same base as the other man and thus I too can commit similar mistakes and
  • Every one should be given a fair chance of correcting one self thru' the lawful actions in force around and move on.. 
Equally, it becomes my duty here to see that the important issues are never lost track of through the easy path of forgiving out of a fear in me as seen thru' the words of the Great Man when..

Misunderstanding His principles of non violence, the inmates of Ashram passively kept quite during an attack of the place in His absence on return, He remarked,

"Instead of surrendering thus, I would have been truly happy had you fought courageously against the wrong doers!"

No doubt, the bad around me is a fact in life. But instead of doubting everywhere with an expected harm to myself, I should believe to a certain extent everywhere and start living a normal life simultaneously adding the required care to my belief without fail..

This dual work forever becomes the duty with me in this life appropriately adjusting the quantum of beliefs and pre-care in right proportions depending on my position and the situation as the epic stories roll out in front of me conveying the messages like..

### King Shishupala, the hater of Lord Krishna inspite of constantly insulting the Lord was pardoned by the Lord 99 times as the Lord had promised his mother not harm him till he completed 100 mistakes..

But as the hundredth mistake through an insult at Lord at a Great Function arranged by King Yudhisthira was made, Lord Krishna ended him to restore peace and happiness in the world!

### After completing 12+1 yrs of exile life, the Pandava King Dharmaraja sent Lord Krishna as the Ambassador to the then Kaurava Court conveying the Message..

'If Duryodhana could give back at least 5 Towns, he would happily accept that peace deal there by conveying his deep feeling of readiness to forgive his brother's all the earlier evil deeds!'

When refused, King Dharmaraja firmed up on waging the righteous war and secure peace!

### A dacoit repenting over the crimes he committed requested the Lord to accept him as his disciple, the Master said,

'Go back and surrender to the same people whom you caused untold agony and misery and take the punishment they decide to give you for the wrong done by you!'

The dacoit turned disciple did that and in the process was beaten to death by the angry villagers. He somehow reached the Ashram, explained to the Master what he had done and died..

The Master proclaimed,

‘He is my closest Disciple!’

Such a care of forgiving and at the same time acting tough is 100% required from my side in my life and that attitude alone with revenge kept as much away is ever the best for me as

The true purpose of one's life is forever to see as much as possible the Oneness alone in Humanity and remain at Peace and the level to which this Oneness can be seen in life goes thus thru' the famous story of ours..

### A Saint beaten by a rowdy element on the road to unconsciousness, subsequently served by a disciple and brought back to consciousness, when asked by the disciple whether He can recognize the man serving Him, smiled and said,

"The hand that hit me is serving me!"

The Post is written in line with this week's IndiSpire prompt hould one take revenge? Or forgive and move on? Or tolerate and stay? Share a story. #ActionTime

Keywords: FORGIVE, TOLERATE, FIGHT

6 comments:

  1. You have given a nice example to bring home to the point. Once we see the oneness in existence, forgiving becomes easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, forgiveness must be given time, before a vengeful action is taken. Sometime, a person is not repentant nor is he willing to backdown. It is important to fightback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very much right Abhijit and my Post says that it's equally noble to fight back than keep quite out of fear and calling it compassion on the other. Of course fighting back has its own limits because if the enemy is too powerful and I am not that much, my fear sure incapacitates me.. There alone come up actions like move on, tolerate, stay. etc. Thanks for the appreciative comment here!

      Delete
  3. The Bhima statue instance reveals the kind of feelings that makes forgiveness tough. He was saved by Lord Krishna.
    But, we humans are not really that lucky. We may be at the receiving end of revenge. Forgiveness is divine and thus rare...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much agree with what you say, Dr Anita.. It's really tough to take out the revenge feeling from me when once I am targeted.. The message of the Post says.. Yes.. It's the toughest part of my life and sure, taking the right course of action to get max justice in the situation is a must from my end and I should never stop doing that.. But, if I can as much possible try remove the revenge feeling with me in that context and return to my peaceful state, the better it would be as the ultimate..

    Thanks for the right comment on the post!

    ReplyDelete