Sunday, November 4, 2018

"Some Might Say That It’s Wrong To…"

"The PRIDE in me is the constant enemy with me. It sure brings ultimately an untold misery in my life even though presently it's doings may look very attractive..

Having seen it's tricks many times, I firmed on a discipline with me Viz., 
  • Remain ever cheerful and soft spoken whatever be the inside turmoil,
  • Keep constant attention on myself of talking harsh with others at any time
  • Instantly correct myself there the moment I become aware of that 
And thus remain humble in all life situations..

Some might say that it’s wrong to...

Discipline one's mind so harsh but I feel that's the only way to gain control over this fickle mind and it's associate the so called PRIDE in my life!"

Thus I shared my thoughts with my friend on a Sunday morning..

"Dear! This PRIDE with me often

  • Appears totally not there at all, 
  • Makes me do a winning work without an exception and 
  • Affirms it's presence next moment and continues thus..
That way seen, this entity never leaves me so easily or rightly to say will not leave me for a life time..

Having seen it's tricks many times, I firmed on a discipline with me Viz., 

To see the spade as spade, start doing my duties with me as first priority, sincerely divert all of my energies go into these actions alone as much as possible..

And thus remain humble in all life situations..

Some might say that it’s wrong to...

Ignore the presence of this PRIDE in us as then it may rule us eternally but I feel that when it can't be taken out from me, leave the issue for the time, concentrate on the required and thus move on in life!"

Said my friend with a certain firmness seen on his face..

"I'm sorry I can't agree with you on this issue.. 


  • Keeping off this evil PRIDE in me is my first duty at any time in this life, 
  • I can't accept an half-hearted attempt here which is nothing but the biggest weakness in an individual and 
  • If I firm up I can sure see the end of this PRIDE in me!"
I asserted with double firmness.. My friend smiled and kept silence..

That evening as usual when I was on stroll in my park,

Verses 6 and 7, Chapter III of Srimad Bhagavad Gita were heard on the park loud speakers being recited melodiously with the meaning explained in parallel conveying the Sacred Message of Lord Krishna to Prince Arjuna..

'Karmendriyani samyam ya aste manasa smaran
Indriyaarthan vimudhatma mithyacarah sa ucyate

yas tv indriyani manasa niyamyarabhate rjuna
Karmendriyaih karma-yogam asaktah sa visisyate'


'Any one who having controlled the five working sense organs remains still thinking within about sense objects only, is called a hypocrite (in life).

But one who regulates the senses by the mind O Arjuna, begins the process of uniting the individual consciousness with the ultimate consciousness thru' the actions of the working sense organs without desire for the results is truly the Superior!'


Instantly confirming how PROUDLY I asserted that morning on my discipline of surely overcoming my PRIDE in time in front of my friend myself being totally unaware that, that PRIDE of me alone made me speak thus!

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend,



an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

Keywords: ENEMY, PRIDE

14 comments:

  1. Powerful message Sir. One who can regulate his mind is much more productive than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it very rightly, Somali! Here regulation alone is the correct way and an idealistic approach never works.... Thanks for the good Comment!

      Delete
  2. Our unbridled senses create trouble! Thanks for the message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful - 'Any one who having controlled the five working sense organs remains still thinking within about sense objects only, is called a hypocrite (in life). But one who regulates the senses by the mind O Arjuna, begins the process of uniting the individual consciousness with the ultimate consciousness thru' the actions of the working sense organs without desire for the results is truly the Superior!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the appreciation.... The Sacred Messages of Srimad Bhagavd Gita forever guide us in our life....They never go wrong at anytime!

      Delete
  4. Well said.By Pride it means our Ego.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Rightly said.. Thanks for the appreciation on the Post!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully said. I think pride keeps us hold our head high under difficult circumstances. As long as pride is not directed at others, it is essentially important character trait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it very much right, Abhjit.. It's such a fine existence of pride in me where in I may not be deliberately against any one but feel a sort of superiority over others indirectly.. That too if unchecked, will in time causes harm. Thanks for the good appreciative comment on the Post!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Suha Vujay for the appreciation on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete