Sunday, December 9, 2018

'NAMASKAR', 'BAHUT ACHHA', 'DHYANYAVAD', 'SHUKRIYA', 'ALVIDA'..
THE HIGHLY WELCOME NOTES OF CLASSICAL MUSIC!

That Sunday afternoon as usual my practice, I rested for a small nap at my home in abroad as I was tired beyond at the back of certain preparations to travel to my native place after many years of my settlement. Soon the well accustomed..
  • Sounds of water splashing, whipping etc of the washing machine..
  • Sound of the rotation of the dryer in parallel..
  • Continuous water sprinkling sounds followed by jets of water hitting the vessels of dish washer..
  • Continuous air blow sound of AC plant..
  • Continuous humming sound of the air humidifier..
  • Some western music played on TV.. 
And few conversations continuously heard outside thru' the window like..
  • “Hi! How are you?” 
  • “Yep! Doing good!" 
  • “Excuse me.. Thank you very much!” 
  • “You are welcome!” 
  • “It's OK.. Bye!”
Etc.. Etc.. as a routine, kept me fall asleep slowly!

Next day, I boarded my flight leaving the family behind and after a travel of 22 hrs and further 5 hr travel by car, reached my native place and soon was at one of my relatives' home for my temporary stay of 3 days..

The day being Sunday after breakfast and few enquiries, my relative showed me my room asking me to rest for a while as I was tired beyond. Before leaving me in the room to myself, he said,

"Dear! We'll be out for sometime and after our return we can have a leisure lunch. The windows are kept closed and the AC is on. Don't keep the windows open as the high pitched market sounds next to us take away your 
peace in no time. 

These sounds and noises are a big problem in this house especially in this room. We don't know what to do other than keeping the windows of the room permanently shut!”

I returned to bed soon after the family left and decided to sleep off for a while. But the silence in the house never allowed me to do that and kept me awake as I was accustomed to hear my usual sounds of gadgets and conversations in/outside our house all those years..

Soon, I could no more lay down on the bed, got up, switched off AC and opened the windows facing the market area. A certain cool breeze started blowing in from the window making me feel refreshed simultaneously pouring into my ears the continuous outside conversations..

  • “Sir! I can’t sell this for the price you asked for. If I start doing that, what money can I take home and feed my family?” 
  • “Madam, these are the fresh items arrived just now. You are almost the first buyer here!” 
  • “Give me 'do chai' today. My friend is here. He has come after a long time!” 
  • “Let’s have a break. Are you not hungry a little? Let’s have our favorite chat at..” 
  • “It’s continuous holidays for schools for 3 days. My daughter wanted to see the market and buy something for herself..” 
  • “Ok, dear! I'm going now. Please, come home tomorrow. I‘ll show you some of the……”
Along with frequent words of greetings and send offs like..
  • "Namaskar!" 
  • "Bahut Achha!" 
  • "Dhanyavad!" 
  • "Shukriya!" 
  • "Alvida!"
Etc.. Etc.. which instantly touched deep in my heart as the welcome, sweet, pleasant and cool never forgotten memories played as certain classical music on an old gramophone record player of decades!

Myself highly relaxed, I was back to my bed and in no time went into deep sleep forgetting all the strain of my travel till I was woken up abruptly by the sharp tone of my relative who was heard saying..

“Oh! you opened and forgot to close the windows? I wonder, how you could sleep with those continuous conversational noises, screaming and shouting around you.. 

These sounds and noises are a big problem in this house especially in this room. We don't know what to do other than keeping the windows of the room permanently shut!”

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend,



an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

Keywords: CLASSICAL, MUSIC

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rightly said, Suhasini.. Thanks for the nice observation on the Post!

      Delete
  2. Lovely slice of life.

    Seema - Artist & Writer
    Lonely Canopy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Seema.. A good comment on the Post!

      Delete
  3. Sounds of our native place. So sweet to ear after a long gap. Yes many people that live there daily may find it disturbing. For others it is nice to ear. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Abhijit.. It happens in our lives a few times.. Old is gold.. Our originality ever touches us deep in our hearts.. Thanks for the appreciation on the Post!

      Delete