Wednesday, January 9, 2019

WORK.. WHAT IT'S LIKE?



It was Friday evening hrs. The manager was tired beyond as he and his team worked the entire week non stop. With a satisfied feeling as he was ready to move from his seat, the mobile phone rang up and one by one the family members spoke..
  • “Tomorrow afternoon we've to go for...."
"No issue, dear.. I'm fully free for 2 days!"
  • “Dad! Can we go out tomorrow early morning itself....?"
"No problem dear! I'm fully free on Saturday and Sunday. You can leisurely finish your works!"
  • “Sunday you must positively take me to the Shrine........!"
"Sure, Ma! I'm totally free the whole Sunday!"

Saying thus as he moved a few steps from his seat, the phone rang again. It was from his close friend..

  • “Yaar Ganesh! I know you will be busy on Saturday. Sunday Evening......... ”
"One minute, Satish! Yeah.. I'm free this Sunday evening.  I'll be there positively by...."

As he ended the call, another call was thru'..

  • “Mr Ganesh! Our Association's AGM is planned this Sunday at 10 AM........."
"Sir! I'll come for half hr as I have few family works. Hope that would suffice!"

Saying thus, as he moved to the door of the hall, the land line telephone rang up. He quickly came back and took the call..

  • “Hi, Ganesh! It's good you haven't gone yet.. OK.. Listen.. Just now I got a call from our GM. Tell me.. You haven't fixed any works for this Saturday and Sunday?"
"Sir, there is a small issue.."
  • "Dear! Leave the rest for the present and listen to what I say. You know our Clients…. Their Chief had planned a 2 day program for tomorrow and the day after....!"
"Yes. Sir! I understand!"
  • "You know, our Company's finances this year.. It's all a mess. Call your Suresh and Dinesh for about 2 hrs right now, take their help and keep ready the important details required for tomorrow. OK, dear?"
"No issue, Sir.. We can meet the requirement!" 
  • "Thank you, Ganesh! We'll meet tomorrow at 9 and you can brief me all the details for the meeting scheduled from 11 onward.. Bye!"
"Bye.. Good night, Sir!"

Keyword: WORK

14 comments:

  1. Superb sir, felt like i lived my past again, instructions sounds similar, "there are three rules, 1. Boss is always right, 2. If Boss go wrong, 3. If so, follow rule no.1" :) hmm.. sad indeed to see the situation of such employees. Horrible bosses need to be reminded that everyone has family and it is for the family people are working for. So crucial to choose a right boss to work with. Better be on own and become a good boss. So i am trying to become one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.... You said it right.... I can be considerate where feasible and equally choose the appropriate where certain cushion prevails and thus continue....

      Delete
  2. story of everyone who is in NAUKRI..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! An inescapable journey of life but my salvation forever lies in withstanding such odds alone! Thanks for the good Comment!

      Delete
  3. Very true. Sometimes the companies take their employees for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Arun.... But Boss is the Pay Master and generally he is under double pressure!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are the words that generally flow freely while in Work Environment.... Thanks for the good Observation!

      Delete
  5. I pity the guy in this story. It's almost every working person's story.
    You are shredded to bits whilst making appointments for everyone that you have no time absolutely for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Sir! While reading the above article, I was actually willing the protagonist to say "No" ...but that would be wishful thinking as it's not always possible at " Work". I also felt bad for him when he was being inundated by requests from his family. A very well written article- it could evoke so many emotions and thoughts .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Sapna Dhyani.. That happens often in a work environment.. No need to say, the Customer is ever the king in a business environment and if I have get my earning means, I need to be ready to meet the requirement from the Customer's end; nothing else does the trick there.. Thanks for such a good and appreciative comment on the Post.. Wishes!

      Delete
  7. Very true. I find lifemuch more fulfilling after i started working part time.

    ReplyDelete