Thursday, June 20, 2019

FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES.. WHAT ARE THEY LIKE?


"These days, I'm not at all happy with the way my grown up children are deciding on some of their trivial issues of life. I many times told them to be careful there but they aren't caring much for my advice. It's really a pain to see all this happening in front of me..

I'm just praying to God all the time that nothing should go wrong and thus pulling on in my life!"

Thus was pouring out an elderly man his agony on the behaviors of his grown up children to an elderly well-wisher of the family. The well-wisher listened, paused for a while and said,

  • "Dear! Even though all those are 100% your grownup children's decisions, you should never keep away from them but act as if you too are a party to all that. My Praying to God should always be after I discharge my that duty in that context!"
"What can I do, Sir? They just don't allow me to talk on the matters also. I'm really helpless!"
  • "Dear! Long, long ago you were single grown up young man in your life and were totally free all by yourself
But
  • You never remained thus and happily created the so called your family..
Morally speaking, aren't you a party to this latest confusion too well connected to your original creation only?"

"--------"
  • "Dear! Our responsibilities towards the world never cease as long as we live on the earth including towards ourselves. And there's no safe way of this living other than
  • Discharging those responsibilities including the tiniest ones often unnoticed to the core of course, with reasonable ease with us falling neither
On the laziness side nor
On too much vigor side..

  • That medium way of living sure secures immediate peace of mind in our life and
Beyond alone,
  • It should be left to the Almighty wherein all of us are bound to abide by His Ultimate Decision but never, never
  • Without discharging those final ordained responsibilities however small they may be!"
Keyword: FAMILY

8 comments:

  1. So true every word.
    Thanks for sharing the wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani.. Happy to have such an appreciative Comment on these Pages!

      Delete
  2. So true sir. Responsibilities never end. Whether or not grown up children listen, parents still have to advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rightly said it, Somali.. That's the eternal moral responsibility of parents.. Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Archana for the appreciation.. Sorry, I just have seen the comment and replied.. Wishes!

      Delete