Sunday, June 21, 2020

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY AND BELATED HAPPY GLOBAL PARENTS' DAY.. WHAT ELSE THE PARENTS HAVE TO DO?



At 5 yrs age..


"Stay near the class room when your brother is inside and bring him back in 2 hrs requesting the teacher. He can't take more than that!"


My mom told my elder brother on the first day of my schooling knowing my helplessness in the situation 100%..

At 8 yrs age..

When I jumped to ring the bell after my prayer and was harshly told by the Authorities to go away and not to cause nuisance in the premises leaving me totally confused and tensed up at that tender age..

My father instantly intervened and made it clear to the Authorities that children are the Incarnation of God and it was wrong to admonish me who was devotedly doing what others do with own limitation restoring my confidence back to 100%

At 10 yrs age..

“Dear! Whenever you are afraid of bad dreams, repeat the following Sloka of Strength..

'Ramaskandham hanumantham vainateyam vrkodaram
shayane yah smarennithyam duh swapnam thasya nasyathi'


Remembering Lord Hanuman, Garuda and Bheema before going to sleep who are forever the Mighty, Strong and Powerful by our side and bad dreams never come to you!”

Was the firm assurance my mom planted in me 100% when certain unknown fears were haunting me all along..

At 12 yrs age..

As I avoided giving my name for a speech out of an unknown hesitance, my dad straight away met the teacher and included my name and saying,

"Avoiding is no solution here. Select your topic, prepare well and speak. You will do it!"

Prepared me 100% to face the event..

At 13 yrs age..

“Dear! If you praise Prince Arjuna, Indra's son, Indra will be pleased with you and instruct the Rain God to go soft without making blinding lightening and loud thunders. Say..

Arjunah Palghunah Paarthah Kireethih Swethavahanah
Bheebhastuh Vijayah Krishnah Savyasaachih Dhananjayah!"


Was another firm assurance my mom planted in me 100% when my fears of lightening and thunders were ruling me..

At 14yrs age..

On a day I avoided giving my name for a voluntary service saying that that comes in way of my studies, my dad met the concerned and straight way gave my name assuring me 100%,

"Do both.. Involvement in such works once in a way makes you the right personality in your life!"

At 16yrs age..



"Dear! We will do all this work ourselves independently and rise to the occasion!"

Were the words of confidence my mom instilled in me 100% on an occasion of relocating home to another town when my father could not accompany us..

At 18 yrs age..

Even though constant questioning / advices started pouring into my ears from my dad like..

  • “What happened to the work I asked you to finish yesterday?”
  • “I told you to go and talk to that man and tell him……… Why did you not do that and wasted the whole day?”
  • “Go to the place, wait till the man turns out, talk to him and tell him…..”
  • “Dear! In your age, you know..I had taken up a big responsibility of..... These are also like that only!”
Shaking my confidence temporarily but indirectly helping me to be self reliant in my life 100%..

Subsequent to that as I graduated and settled in life at the back of many assurances and advices, let it be a


HAUNTING FEAR or PERSISTENT PROBLEM

Of my life, I ever had my way out and never was let down thanks to the

ETERNAL FAITH and ENDLESS CONFIDENCE

Instilled by my

MOM AND DAD!

The Post is written for this week's IndiSpire Prompt Global Day of Parents Day is observed on June 1 and Father's Day is on the 3rd Sunday of June- this year it's on June 21st. What lessons have you learned from your parents? #LessonsFromParents

Keywords: PARENTS, MOM, DAD

2 comments:

  1. Nice moments to recall gratefully for making a person who he is! Beautifully penned Sridharji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajeev for the compliment and appreciation.. Love it.. Wishes!

      Delete